Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I hate to say it....doesnt compute...but i love my 2dr more than...

Old 08-12-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate to say it....doesnt compute...but i love my 2dr more than...

I love my new 2dr more than my old Unlimited 4dr. It doesn't make sense...I have 3 kids and need the utility/love the look of a bigger (4dr) jeep. But its less heavy, so it does better on sand dunes (with pizza cutters - im poor, but I still got a jeep). Its smaller and has an awesome turn radius, so parking lots are a breeze. When I took the doors off, it was less of an ordeal. The top goes down easier. It seems to fit me better. I love it...

...what do yall think?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

i hear ya. My previous vehicle was a durango. They have the same wheelbase as the unlimiteds. When I found that out I was like no way on the unlimited an got a 2-door. Just didn't need that much truck.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When we wheel with 2-dr JKs alot of them have to sit out the tough lines because their Jeep's wheelbase is too short.

But if you find happiness in your rig, then that is all that matters.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went 2dr > 4dr and regret the decision. my next one (when a new engine comes out please please please) will be a 2dr again.

When we wheel the 4drs are all grouped at the rear because it takes them 5 turns to turn a corner.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
When we wheel with 2-dr JKs alot of them have to sit out the tough lines because their Jeep's wheelbase is too short.

When we wheel with 4-dr JKs alot of them have to sit out the tough lines because their Jeep's wheelbase is too long and they get hung up.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

my 4 dr was so conveinent in many things, especially with the kids...but this 2dr has really won me over and I was skeptical (but couldn't pass up the price of it and desperately needed a jeep). Sand driving has been the most noticeable to me. How much less does a 2dr weigh vs a 4dr? 500lbs?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Same here. Went from a 4dr to a 2DR and I'm loving it. The unlimited was nice, but this is so much nicer. The kids don't agree, but - heck - it's mine. They can walk
Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by citizennobody
How much less does a 2dr weigh vs a 4dr? 500lbs?

My info says just over a 200 lbs difference, but not sure what is being compared. I suspect a stripped down two-door vs. a loaded up Rubicon Unlimited would be more of a difference.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz

I agree! but... I've seen plenty of obstacles where the breakover angle is just too much for the 4 doors. Don't get me wrong, I love my 4 door, but I've seen the 2 doors do some pretty crazy things.

(The stock 4 door breakover angles make it really tough to wheel)
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
My info says just over a 200 lbs difference, but not sure what is being compared. I suspect a stripped down two-door vs. a loaded up Rubicon Unlimited would be more of a difference.
200 sounds reasonable but a little light. I actually wheelied this thing the other day...hit a steep sand hill climb and drove the way I used to have to drive the 4dr. Once I hit the lip at the top, the front end shot up and scared the hell out of me (and my date).

Quick Reply: I hate to say it....doesnt compute...but i love my 2dr more than...