Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

i got bad news from the dealership...whoda thought?

Old 07-01-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkob1060
so you work at a Jeep dealership, had a jeep and traded it for a land rover now you want another jeep, manager cant get one, but cant do a search for you at other dealers? WTH

I also find it to funny you as an "employee" come to a forum to look for info on finding a Jeep lol
yeah it's kind of a funny story...so when i bought my 07 new i was...well....2wd. i didnt think i would need 4wd, and the salesman talked me out of it. naturally after having it a couple of months i had to have 4wd. so i trade for an 06 willys with a 6inch long arm lift and 35inch pro comp m/t's. i mean this thing was freaking sweet..finally it came in on a saturday afternoon and i drove it 30 miles and brought it right back...pulled the trans plug and saw about an inch of metal. needless to say i was upset. i hadn't signed the papers yet so i just gave it back and took my 07. so since then the sales managers kinda don't like me. funny huh?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TxCop07
look for a used one for cheap
so there is another funny story...i picked up the land rover for 15k and i checked the blue book and retail was about 17.5 so i thought it was a steal. 6 months after driving gas kinda went through the roof and i checked blue book again to see trade in was bringing a little over 6k and sugg. retail at around 10k. that would put a certain someone (me) in the upside down boat. so i cant get a used one. again funny right?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Hot dang, Jucebox, some folks would figure that if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all! BTW: My dealer in OKC had about two dozen JKs on the lot a couple weeks ago--no Rubi's, however.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Hot dang, Jucebox, some folks would figure that if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all! BTW: My dealer in OKC had about two dozen JKs on the lot a couple weeks ago--no Rubi's, however.
ha! that's the story of my life. i will have the jeep..one day i will have it...patience sucks!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jucebox
ha! that's the story of my life. i will have the jeep..one day i will have it...patience sucks!
I have a 2008 xs 2 door manual...soft top... lovely jeep...

I'd let it go for 32k... a steal compared to the other offerings...

and you get all my mods, see the signature ...
Old 07-05-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
THeres plenty of jeeps at the dealership near me. A few Camaro's too. They just dont' have any rubicons. I'd wait to see what the dark charcoal is gonna look like.. I think thats gonna be a sweet color
X2 on the charcoal. I was looking to get into a Rubi unlim, but gave up and am waiting since the market is so tight right now.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll sell mine, but it's an 07 (June 07) with 14,000 miles. Jeep Green Rubicon JK. I'm getting the itch for something new myself

Quick Reply: i got bad news from the dealership...whoda thought?