Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

i got bad news from the dealership...whoda thought?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got bad news from the dealership...whoda thought?

so i started with a black 07 unlimited x and traded it in for a 04 land rover discovery. the land rover is cool but not very practical and if it breaks i have to drive 2 hours to the nearest dealer...with that being said i want a jeep again. i work at a jeep dealership so i go to the sales manager and tell him my story, which i thought was a very good story, and his only response is "i can't get one." WHAT THE CRAP?!? i thought he was just being lazy and not wanting to work so i went to ebay to try and find a dealer with some new ones on the lot. nobody has any! what's the deal? when the eff is chrysler gonna make more? if anybody on here has the inside scoop please let me know. and please for the love of everything holy let there be just one more jeep green out there for little ole me.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

I'll sell you my steel blue for $350,000.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jucebox
so i started with a black 07 unlimited x and traded it in for a 04 land rover discovery. the land rover is cool but not very practical and if it breaks i have to drive 2 hours to the nearest dealer...with that being said i want a jeep again. i work at a jeep dealership so i go to the sales manager and tell him my story, which i thought was a very good story, and his only response is "i can't get one." WHAT THE CRAP?!? i thought he was just being lazy and not wanting to work so i went to ebay to try and find a dealer with some new ones on the lot. nobody has any! what's the deal? when the eff is chrysler gonna make more? if anybody on here has the inside scoop please let me know. and please for the love of everything holy let there be just one more jeep green out there for little ole me.

Just hold your horses until ObamaJeepFiat gets up and running.

While Jeep might be as scarce as a 2010 Camaro at the moment both vehicles will be a dime a dozen in the next 12 months. Fools are paying $2500 over sticker for Camaros that will be laden with rebates and/or 0% ~12 months from now and I'm sure some dealers with Rubicons are probably price gouging as well.

Don't become a statistic like the idiots who paid $10K over POS Cruisers and Miatas and $2500 over now for V8 Camaros.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

... and please for the love of everything holy let there be just one more jeep green out there for little ole me.
Originally Posted by Laughingstok
I'll sell you my steel blue for $350,000.
Well, in that case it's a half mil for my Jeep Green ...

Photo by Highrlr.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Production started in earnest on June 29th. It's going to shut down again between July 13 and 20 to re-tool for the new models, then they'll start cranking out the 2010 Wranglers. Unfortunately for you Jeep green is no longer an option, so you'll have to look used.

My guess is that they won't be around in great numbers for a few more months, so just be patient until then.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I could be talked into selling mine. I am trying to get debt free so this would get me closer to that. Its not so street friendly. Its built mainly for trails.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Come to Virginia beach. There are at least 5 delearships with many on there lot.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default No Jeeps

Do some checking on the Jeep dealer website, and e-bay again, there are Jeeps out there, you may have to travel a ways to get one, but there are some around.... But if you have to I'll sell you mine for 40k!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so you work at a Jeep dealership, had a jeep and traded it for a land rover now you want another jeep, manager cant get one, but cant do a search for you at other dealers? WTH

I also find it to funny you as an "employee" come to a forum to look for info on finding a Jeep lol
Old 06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

look for a used one for cheap

Quick Reply: i got bad news from the dealership...whoda thought?