Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I frigging LOVE driving my Jeep

Old 06-22-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I frigging LOVE driving my Jeep

Was at a charity fishing tournament for most of the weekend. Drove over there topless and with the doors off. Aside from some sunburn I couldn't have asked for a better time. After helping to raise a ton of money for a good cause we went home. On the way back home, driving on a 2 lane highway, I passed another Jeep also driving open and got a huge hand out of the roof wave.

A weekend just doesn't get much better than that.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

It's strange how a jeep can bring so many different people together. I dig it.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

it is surreal at times...here I am driving to the grocery store last night, roof off, doors on though, lol, and a father and son in a Blue TJ drive up to me in the next lane, I look out the window and both wave! Kind of neat.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was driving down a busy 5 lane road one day with an older guy in a ZR1 Corvette behind me. In some weird twist of fate, in the span of about 2 miles I had 9 jeeps pass me going the opposite direction. Every single one waved. In one case the passengers stood up and waved both their arms over their heads. When I stopped at the next light the guy in the vette pulled up next to me looking at my Jeep. I think he was jealous

People get mad when people b!tch about some of the new breed of wrangler owners not waving. But the Jeep community is really an important aspect of the ownership experience. Jeep guys and gals help each other out and respect the work we put into our rigs. So that's why I go out of my way to wave at everyone.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I live in a small town North of Salt Lake City, Utah, and my wife laughs at me now because everytime we pass a Jeep I alway wave as well, but so far, no one has returned the favor. Oh what the heck, I will keep waving anyway.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hohokom
I live in a small town North of Salt Lake City, Utah, and my wife laughs at me now because everytime we pass a Jeep I alway wave as well, but so far, no one has returned the favor. Oh what the heck, I will keep waving anyway.
Are all your relatives mad at you?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

My GF just doesn't get it either. I wave and get wave backs often but she thinks since no one waved to her in her old grand cherokee that it must just be an internet nerd thing. Oh well, I'll keep waving anyway
Old 06-23-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Doc_D
....People get mad when people b!tch about some of the new breed of wrangler owners not waving. But the Jeep community is really an important aspect of the ownership experience. Jeep guys and gals help each other out and respect the work we put into our rigs. So that's why I go out of my way to wave at everyone.

Truthfully, I think alot of us new breed didn't know about the club. This is my first Jeep, and it's the 4-door to boot, I'm sure the first three weeks I owned the Jeep, I annoyed the heck out of some people. Took some kid in Wal-Mart driving an old CJ with about a five foot lift on it coming by and complimenting my new one. I mentioned it was my first Jeep, and he told me "Don't forget to wave, we need to keep the club going"
Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love it when a Ferrari pulls up next to you and the driver gives YOU the thumbs up.

I can't wait for this afternoon. Got the top down on my 7 passenger Wrangler. Gonna haul my family and friend's family to the Santa Cruz Beach Board Walk for a perfect day in Cali.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

I've had my top and doors off for about 4 days now thanks to some great weather. I don't think I will ever put them back on! I drove around for about an hour and half last night just enjoying the ride and the weather.

Quick Reply: I frigging LOVE driving my Jeep