Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I brought home my new baby yesterday.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I brought home my new baby yesterday.

Well I did it. I managed to find my 2 Door Dream Jeep in the 2010 model year, and got a deal I was very happy with. So it’s in my driveway as I write this. I just couldn’t go with the ’11 interior after seeing it last week not to mention the $930 price increase, so I decided to scramble and see what I could find in a ’10.

If I had ordered a new Jeep I’d have wanted a Mountain Edition because of the cool Graphite MOAB wheels and the Mud Terrain tires (like the Rubicon’s but better looking). But the Mountain Edition being basically a bunch of expensive accessories and silly looking stickers and emblems was not worth the huge premium to me. Hell, I’d peel the stickers off any Jeep that has them on the hood, even a Rubicon, and especially a Mountain Edition.

Since I don't need a Rubicon, I’d have ordered a 2 Door Sport S, with manual tranny, hard top, air, 3.73 rear axle in Mango Tango with Khaki interior (with Rescue Green / Slate Gray as a very close second choice). My new Jeep is Mango Tango with those exact options, and it had dealer installed window tint all the way around which is something essential in TX and I would have that done anyhow. Luckily for me it is tinted the way I like too which is not super limo tint dark in the back and lighter up front. It’s the same tint all the way around and since it’s not so dark in the back it’s easier to drive and live with at night.

So here I find this Jeep equipped just like this with not one desired option missing, nor anything extra that I didn’t want. It seemed unbelievable that at the end of the model year that I’d get that lucky. The sticker was nearly $26K with the tinting included. Well we negotiated the price to $23.8K which I was happy with. I had a trade I wanted to do too so then we had to negotiate that. I managed to get them $1000.00 higher than I had started with and I wanted and tried to get another $200.00 as it was my goal....but they weren’t budging. But here’s the best part of the deal. I had noticed that they had a green Sport S with the Mountain Editions’s wheels and tires on it, but it wasn’t equipped exactly like I wanted. They told me that a guy who bought a Mountain Edition last week didn’t want the Graphite MOAB wheels so they switched them out for the the standard Aluminum colored MOAB wheels that the green one came with. I thought that guy was crazy but......I said I wanted them swapped on to the Mango Jeep I was trying to buy and if they’d swap the wheels and tires straight up I’d be interested in buying it. They said “no problem”.

So I found my exact Jeep model, colors and config, and managed to get way lucky to get the Mountain Edition wheel and tire package without having to pay for the whole expensive package and then put up with silly stickers and emblems. I’m still in disbelief and am so happy and feel really blessed. Seems like someone was looking out for me and I can say for sure I don't deserve it! LOL

I tried to get a Rescue Green Sport S with the same options (but no tinting and definitely no Mountain wheels and tires) at another dealer earlier in the week but they wouldn’t budge off of sticker and offered me a full $1000 less on my trade. I got this Mango beauty for about $3000 dollars less trade difference and lucked into the sweet wheels and tires. So I’m definitely stoked up just a tad!

See it parked in my front yard here:

B.S.

Last edited by B.S.; 09-12-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Congrats and i really want to see this new Jeep of yours, but your links are broken.

hXXp://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/DSC01087.jpg

those dots between the A and I should be filled with something other then dots..
Old 09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Congrats on getting the exact Jeep you wanted! Now fix your pics, they aren't working!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to embed the pics when posting, click on the icon with a tree over the text box and paste the photobucket address in the window that pops up.
b.s., i hope you don;t mind, i just re linked your pics here using the links from your pm to me. this jeep is sweet, i can;t believe you lucked out with the mountain wheels and tires.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats it does look bad ass, now enjoy!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride, now get out there and get it dirty!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

i like it, those wheels are smooth.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love those wheels!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wheels and the tint look awesome on your Jeep; nice job. Beautiful house too

On a side note, your lawn looks about as bad as mine, lol.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

That is simply awesome! To find what you wanted... and to get a great deal.

Quick Reply: I brought home my new baby yesterday.