Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I was a bad boy!!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was a bad boy!!

I AM A RURAL LETTER CARRIER FOR THE USPS, AND BOUGHT A 2008 WRANGLER X RHD WHEN THE WERE FIRST OFFERED IN LATE 2007. THIS JEEP HAS BEEN ALMOST PERFECT THE WHOLE TIME I HAVE HAD IT, ON THE ROAD 4.5 HOURS A DAY, 700+ STOPS AND 48 MILES! BUT, AS I WAS AT THE DEALER GETTING SERVICED THE OTHER DAY, THE GUY AT THE SERVICE DESK TOLD ME THE JUST GOT IN A NEW 4DR UNLIMITED WITH RIGHT HAND DRIVE! SO I JUST HAD TO LOOK, AND ONE THING LEAD TO ANOTHER, AND I DROVE HOME IN IT! BUT AT LEAST MY WIFE LIKES IT! SO MUCH MORE ROOM THE THE 2DR THAT I TRADED IN. DEALER GAVE ME A GREAT DEAL, I AM VERY HAPPY NOW!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum.

I live in the thriving metropolis of Tenino, WA. so maybe I’ll see you around.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

HEY!
CRUISE UP JOHNSON POINT ROAD ANY DAY OF THE WEEK TO FIND ME DELIVERING TO ALL THE RICH FOLK WITH WATERFRONT HOMES!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Would be great to see pictures when you get a chance...interior and exterior if possible
Old 10-10-2010, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes! you are a bad boy!!!!
Where are the pics?!!!
Bad! bad boy!!!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 08postal
I AM A RURAL LETTER CARRIER FOR THE USPS, AND BOUGHT A 2008 WRANGLER X RHD WHEN THE WERE FIRST OFFERED IN LATE 2007. THIS JEEP HAS BEEN ALMOST PERFECT THE WHOLE TIME I HAVE HAD IT, ON THE ROAD 4.5 HOURS A DAY, 700+ STOPS AND 48 MILES! BUT, AS I WAS AT THE DEALER GETTING SERVICED THE OTHER DAY, THE GUY AT THE SERVICE DESK TOLD ME THE JUST GOT IN A NEW 4DR UNLIMITED WITH RIGHT HAND DRIVE! SO I JUST HAD TO LOOK, AND ONE THING LEAD TO ANOTHER, AND I DROVE HOME IN IT! BUT AT LEAST MY WIFE LIKES IT! SO MUCH MORE ROOM THE THE 2DR THAT I TRADED IN. DEALER GAVE ME A GREAT DEAL, I AM VERY HAPPY NOW!
Wait a minute.......you mean the USPS makes you use your own rig to deliver the mail...??? I don't get it, what am I missing here...???
Old 10-10-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

its a NW thing... hell they do it in Texas too... your whole care payment is tax deductable.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Jedi

Well I live about as far NW as you can go, and I still see USPS vehicles delivering the mail....
Old 10-10-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Rural carriers are different in that the Postal Service pays Rural Carriers a certain amount of money for mileage/fuel/maintenance. Though this is starting to go the wayside as some RR carriers are now getting Postal owned vehicles (removed from lost city routes due to the decrease in mail volume) which helps reduce the total operational cost by eliminating the need to pay the RR carrier their extra expense.

I hate to bust the OP's bubble but this is happening nationwide and I hope he didn't purchase the new vehicle in hopes that he will be able to maintain the extra income.

Either way, congrats on the RHD JK and please post some pictures of the interior and underhood. I'd like to see the arrangement in the engine compartment/under chasis (brake system, battery, steering, trans/transfercase, etc.).
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by thrshr01
Rural carriers are different in that the Postal Service pays Rural Carriers a certain amount of money for mileage/fuel/maintenance. Though this is starting to go the wayside as some RR carriers are now getting Postal owned vehicles (removed from lost city routes due to the decrease in mail volume) which helps reduce the total operational cost by eliminating the need to pay the RR carrier their extra expense.

I hate to bust the OP's bubble but this is happening nationwide and I hope he didn't purchase the new vehicle in hopes that he will be able to maintain the extra income.

Either way, congrats on the RHD JK and please post some pictures of the interior and underhood. I'd like to see the arrangement in the engine compartment/under chasis (brake system, battery, steering, trans/transfercase, etc.).
oic.....it's only for the rural areas. I wonder how far out is considered rural...???

Quick Reply: I was a bad boy!!