Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hyundai jeep talks

Old 11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
I've owned GM vehicles since 1977, 700,000+ miles- NO ISSUES. My '06 Impala has 54000 miles since new- ZERO problems. Any Chevrolet with lots of issues is usually a neglected vehicle with no regular maintnance. This pertains to ALL brands of vehicles, Toyota, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ford,etc....
I have owned many brands, and several GM products since I started driving in 1973, the early ones were very good, the last one, a 2001 Silverado, was such a piece of crap with multiple problems from day one when new, and no support from GM who refused to fix the vehicle, that I now will never buy another GM vehicle ever.. I swore off Ford for the similar reasons back in the 80s after owning a Tempo and an Aerostar. They both had tons of problems from day one.

And just to compare, I had a 91 Wrangler YJ that had a couple of problems when still new, but Chrysler fixed them no questions asked, no heartache.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Have any of you owned a Taurus? I have. The Ford Taurus has to be the biggest pile of dung ever assembled in an auto plant. Truly, a mindbogglingly bad piece of poo. So bad actually that you can only admire Ford for somehow selling so many! How in the world did they sell so many Taurus's?!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good news

Hyundai officially denies interest in Chrysler LLC

Despite Reuters reports of Hyundai's interest in Chrysler and specifically the Jeep brand, Hyundai has gone on record denying it. We've grown accustomed to automakers giving the arbitrary "no comment" response when the rumormill swirls with corporate takeover talk, but Hyundai has flat-out denied any interest at all. Almost in the same sentence, though, officials from the Korean automaker state that the company is interested in constructing new plants overseas, so we wonder if there's any fire behind the smokescreen, possibly outside the United States. Perhaps not.

There still remains the chance that Chrysler's automotive operations will be parted out and sold to the highest bidder, regardless of who that party may be. At the very least, Cerberus could decide to sell manufacturing plants to various automakers like Hyundai or the Nissan/Renault alliance, whose offer for 20% of the ailing American automaker may not seem so bad after all.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
Have any of you owned a Taurus? How in the world did they sell so many Taurus's?!
Because they are good cars..I had one..it had the police interceptor v6 in it and it was a really good car!

I know lots of other ppl that have had one or still do (a taurus) and really liked them.Every car maker makes a few bad cars in every production model ,not just ford (chevrolet is waaaaaaay worse!)

Another problem is alot of ppl run the shit out of them with little or no up keep and expect them to hold up but in reality no vehicle will take that abuse forever.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Have any of you owned a Taurus? I have. The Ford Taurus has to be the biggest pile of dung ever assembled in an auto plant. Truly, a mindbogglingly bad piece of poo. So bad actually that you can only admire Ford for somehow selling so many! How in the world did they sell so many Taurus's?!
Never owned one myself, but a lot of family and friends did and they would say you are dead wrong. Never heard one praise it or be proud to have one, but none ever said it was a piece of "pile of dung".
Old 11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Taurus SVOs had Yamaha engines, extremely dependable and great power for their size, unlike most Ford engines.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's unfortunate if Jeep was taken over by a Japanese brand, but man Chevrolets are probably the biggest pieces of shit on the road. Lose heritage vs. stay American and be crap and then go bankrupt again and then be sold to a Japenese manufacturer 20 years from now anyway. Looks like we have to go with Hyundai and hey if they make a better product and they'll honor their warranties perhaps this is a good thing and not a bad thing. Why doesn't Toyota make a bid? Now that would be sweet I don't think anyone would deny that.
Hyundai is Korean aren't they? I don't think they are Japenese.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

I never owned a Ford Taurus, But from what i understand it was the best selling car they made. Hundreds still on the road. just my 2 cents (this is a jeep forum right?)
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by azeeb
Hyundai is Korean aren't they? I don't think they are Japenese.
Yes, they are Korean.

Quick Reply: Hyundai jeep talks