Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hyundai jeep talks

Old 11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DD is an Azera and I will say that it is up there with several of my previous luxury cars. Quality and the manner in which they stand behind thier product says a lot.

They are taking a very good aim at the big sellers and I'm in the industry! If they bail out Chrysler I think it would be a hell of a lot better than another Fed bailout!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

I am sorry, but I can't get over when they first showed up in the States with ~$7K cars. People were buying them and parts were falling off as they drove from the lot.

Also, I love to watch Top Gear and they have much of anything good to say about any Hyundai. Course, if it doesn't go 200+ they usually never do.

I'd rather have Nissan if I had to pick from the previous suitors
Old 11-11-2008, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Before I got my JK I drove an 02 Hyundai Elantra GT, and I have to say that car was really good to me. It was very reliable over the 6 or so years that I had it. Hyundai has come a long way from the Pony...like others have been saying, I'm sure it's not the worst company to possibly become associated with Jeep.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What a sign of the times? Every Harley part in a Harley store has "Made in China" written on the packaging. We live in a strange world.

It's unfortunate if Jeep was taken over by a Japanese brand, but man Chevrolets are probably the biggest pieces of shit on the road. Lose heritage vs. stay American and be crap and then go bankrupt again and then be sold to a Japenese manufacturer 20 years from now anyway. Looks like we have to go with Hyundai and hey if they make a better product and they'll honor their warranties perhaps this is a good thing and not a bad thing. Why doesn't Toyota make a bid? Now that would be sweet I don't think anyone would deny that.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99
What a sign of the times? Every Harley part in a Harley store has "Made in China" written on the packaging. We live in a strange world.

It's unfortunate if Jeep was taken over by a Japanese brand, but man Chevrolets are probably the biggest pieces of shit on the road. Lose heritage vs. stay American and be crap and then go bankrupt again and then be sold to a Japenese manufacturer 20 years from now anyway. Looks like we have to go with Hyundai and hey if they make a better product and they'll honor their warranties perhaps this is a good thing and not a bad thing. Why doesn't Toyota make a bid? Now that would be sweet I don't think anyone would deny that.
I will be the first to say that the American auto industry needs revamped, from the over inflated union wages to the out right shameful executive bonuses.
But I don't see how the people of this great country think it will survive with all of our manufacturing being done over sea.

They say these jobs can be replaced with service jobs..........

Serve whom? No one will have any money to go out and be served.

Sure hope things change.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Maybe the Messiah will wave his magic wand and presto we'll get the "change" we need for Jeep hahaha.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the Messiah will wave his magic wand and presto we'll get the "change" we need for Jeep hahaha.
That's funny no matter who you are.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Saw a great bupersticker the other day - "Believing the bull$hit won't make it come true"... I think the magic wand has already gone missing.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I can't provide the link because I'm having computer trouble and can't access you tube, but go to youtube and type gas and mortgage obama. You'll find a 30 second clip where a woman at a rally is being interviewed and she's praising the election results because in her words, "Now I don't have to worry about putting gas in my car or paying my mortgage." Were people like that on crack when they voted????

If the person being interviewed were JKer she'd have said, "Now I don't have to worry about putting gas in my car or paying my mortgage. And I don't have to worry about the death wobble or a leaky roof or my esp freaking out! Obama has saved the day! My sway bar link or whatever won't snap off now that he's been elected! And here's the big one that the Messiah will solve...CHRYSLER WILL HONOR MY WARRANTY!!"

Nothing against him per say I'm sure he might do a fine job. It's just the people drinking the Kool Aid/ Crack coctail that worry me.

Hey if Obama could get Chrysler to honor a warranty now and again, then I will be a believer and get a yes we can sticker.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not the pieces of crap that are claimed

I've owned GM vehicles since 1977, 700,000+ miles- NO ISSUES. My '06 Impala has 54000 miles since new- ZERO problems. Any Chevrolet with lots of issues is usually a neglected vehicle with no regular maintnance. This pertains to ALL brands of vehicles, Toyota, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ford,etc....

Quick Reply: Hyundai jeep talks