Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which is better?
ProCal
68.42%
Max Energy
31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Hypertech Max Energy -vs- AEV ProCal

Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech Max Energy -vs- AEV ProCal

I've read a little about each and I'm just wondering which is "better". I realize the AEV is a bit cheaper. Is there anything that one can do that the other can't?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeeperjkj
I've read a little about each and I'm just wondering which is "better". I realize the AEV is a bit cheaper. Is there anything that one can do that the other can't?
From what I've read the ProCal doesn't do anything to increase the performance of the JK where as the Max Energy does. It seems to be more of a gadget/tool than a programmer. So to really say which one is better for you I'd need to know what your goals are.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Darnell
From what I've read the ProCal doesn't do anything to increase the performance of the JK where as the Max Energy does. It seems to be more of a gadget/tool than a programmer. So to really say which one is better for you I'd need to know what your goals are.
Any plans on making the Hypertech do everything the ProCal does? And are these units able to work together? Best of both worlds!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Originally Posted by Big A
Any plans on making the Hypertech do everything the ProCal does? And are these units able to work together? Best of both worlds!
This is just me being curious, but besides the TPMS which of the ProCal's features do you use most often and how do you use them?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Big A
And are these units able to work together?
These two untis can be used together since they hit different parts of the computer. I would probably just use the Hypertech to do the performance tuning, and nothing with the gearing, etc... and then do the gearing, etc... with the AEV. The AEV doesn't touch any of the tuning items of the computer, so if you only do that part with the Hypertech you should be fine.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi

Don't forget the Superchip programmer soon to be out any day now. Sounds like it may be better than both.....
Old 03-20-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, AK4Dave, I'll look into it, too, since I won't be buying for a bit now. Just researching since there are more products on the market now.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jeeperjkj
Thanks, AK4Dave, I'll look into it, too, since I won't be buying for a bit now. Just researching since there are more products on the market now.
Yes, I was just about to pull the trigger on the Procal, because from all I've heard that the Hypertech wasn't worth the extra $$$. So I'm glad I saw that the Superchip was just about to come out. If the Superchip is THAT much better than the Hypertech then I'll gladly put out the extra $ over just going with the Procal.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:03 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Don't forget the Superchip programmer soon to be out any day now. Sounds like it may be better than both.....
X2, I'll be interested to see how this one performs for early adopters.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

Hey Hypertech - support all those who went with your product early on, and send out a software upgrade! TPSM yes - that is a given! Why loose the business - put your programmers to work!

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy -vs- AEV ProCal