Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hydrogen System on the Jeep

Old 09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know how it works out - good or bad. I've always been curious about those systems...

Most of the successful users have had to tinker a bit before they got any result. So don't give up too quickly.

And keep us posted!

ShadesOfGrey
Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

*sigh*
I truly with I could convince myself that breaking the laws of thermodynamics is possible.

aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

Follow the links from there.

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-11-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Okay. It's been a month. What's the verdict? Bueller? Bueller...........
Old 09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Hey Pastorsteve it has only been a couple of days! I am going to be working on the system this weekend! I will let you guys know! For those of you who have pm'ed me about directions hold on I will send them out after I am done! Cheers!

Erik
Old 09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Okay. Does anyone have any glasses they want to sell??? I thought that was posted in August.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ElovesC
Okay so dont give me all the crap that this is snake oil and all that I am asking this from one intelligent human being to another(s). Has anyone installed a hydrogen/electrolosis/whatever system on the Jeep? My friend has a company that builds and installs them and he has given me the directions for free and i am going to build it and try it out. Have you tried it? Also I will give out the installation guides if you are interested. Cheers.
Well being that you have a Jeep and not a Cobra you don't need any snake oil. But do keep us posted, be sure to include tire size, gear ratios, whether or not it was recalibrated (the speedo) etc.

I would be interested in real world figures, actually anyone would be, even if it didn't work it would benefit us all. Yes, the law of thermodynamics is already against you. :(
Old 09-11-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My flux capacitor works well, it's just a PIA to get plutonium.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

OMG I can't believe people buy into this...

There ARE real-world results, and they show that it DOES NOT work. At best, it fools your O2 sensor, thus leaning out the fuel mixture, potentially causing BIG problems.

So, DON'T do it, it's NOT risk free, and it WON'T work.

Please PLEASE read this. It explains it all.

aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml
Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran across this on a news site a couple of months ago. I was really interested. I looked at a company called Hydrogen Hybrid Techs inc. Stock ticker is OTC HYHY. Their kit was based upon hydrolysis of water using the vehicles battery to produce hydrogen as needed. No storing of hydrogen in a tank
They claim an over the road company, based in Western KS, has been testing their system on big rigs with very favorable results. Kit were available for gas engines too.
I started to dig deeper into the technology. Along the way I ran across several web do it yourself "kits". Then I saw analysis and testing by Popular Science. PS said these kits did not work for them. What was missing from the PS tests was use of an O2 sensor.
I still hold some hope for this technology. However the OTC HYHY stock has been reduced to penny stock levels. Pretty much tells me the technology has not arrived yet. And that's too bad
Old 09-12-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Galileo and DaVinci and Columbus......... and others had "undoable" unpheasable, impossible ideas that when tested initially didn't work. But then viola. At some point some of these ideas will work and make someone a gazillionaire.

Someone's got to be willing to try, modify, test and refine ideas to get a workable paradigm. Whether it works or not, I would like to see the results posted without scaring the testers to death. I don't care about his gear ratios or other things.

I want to know what vehicle he started with and the data he generates with his procedure and tests. If the resulting data is repeatable, then it might have merrit.

Quick Reply: Hydrogen System on the Jeep