Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hummer H3

Old 10-17-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H.I.I.K
I wouldn't take to much offense to someone calling my jeep an H3. It is just people who couldn't car less about "vehicles" in general. Like the people who can't tell the difference between a prius and a Z06.

But I would still throw him out of my jeep.
What's the difference? Every time I see either, they are in the slow lane doing 55 and an old gray headed guy behind the wheel!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mariner
I am a jk owner 2 dr that is, and I still think of the 4 dr as a hummer look alike, just my opinion as to each their own, and now with the colour matched hard top well what can i say.
What are you two, Mariner & Matt talking about. Unless your just not into cars/jeeps/truck at all, how would anyone confuse the H3 with a Jeep JK. Here are two in white, I don't see anything that looks the same. IMO
Click image for larger version

Name:	hummer1.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	96026Click image for larger version

Name:	White Jeep.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	96028

The Jeep has the door hinges on the outside, H3 inside.
The Jeep has black door handles, H3 chrome.
The Jeep's roof is removable, H3 not.
The Jeep's hood has two cool looking hood latches, H3 none.
The Jeep has these trailer looking tail lights, H3 no.
The Jeep doesn't have a dumb looking black thing on its hood.

Last edited by wmcvey; 10-17-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=wmcvey;1896654]What are you two, Mariner & Matt talking about. Unless your just not into cars/jeeps/truck at all, how would anyone confuse the H3 with a Jeep JK. Here are two in white, I don't see anything that looks the same. IMO
Attachment 96026Attachment 96028

Actually I am more into cars and trucks than i wish to let on, Show a stock 4dr with colour matched roof and well to me its just another hummer. the 4dr should never have been called a wrangler imo, really diluted the brand. Not to say there is no place for a four door jeep but they could have called it a liberty or patriot and given those names a true offroad flavour.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if the 2011 color matched hard top 4 door looks like anything it is the mercedes G-wagen more than the H3..

-Christopher
Old 10-18-2010, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yea because the two vehicles are so different they shouldn't share names. What is different? 2 DOORS. That's all that separates them. Why shouldn't they share a name?

You sound like a guy that thinks having a rubicon would make his dick bigger.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Yea because the two vehicles are so different they shouldn't share names. What is different? 2 DOORS. That's all that separates them. Why shouldn't they share a name?

You sound like a guy that thinks having a rubicon would make his dick bigger.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Sound the Alarm!

[QUOTE=Mariner;1896692]
Originally Posted by wmcvey
Actually I am more into cars and trucks than i wish to let on, Show a stock 4dr with colour matched roof and well to me its just another hummer. the 4dr should never have been called a wrangler imo, really diluted the brand. Not to say there is no place for a four door jeep but they could have called it a liberty or patriot and given those names a true offroad flavour.

HAAAAAATTTTTTERRRRRR Alert. Nice! Haters are a good thing. I'm always try'n to figure out how to get more haters. Mean's I'm do'n right.

+1 to the Merc comparison, especially sivler with matching top. I can totally see that.

If anything, I do think my 4dr looks like total awesome sauce. I bet awesome sauce wishes its name was JEEP.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GaMtnJk
I made him get out and walk the rest of the way home!
LOL.

Should have stomped him to the curb. good ol American X
Old 10-18-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Any Clime;1897454]
Originally Posted by Mariner

HAAAAAATTTTTTERRRRRR Alert. Nice! Haters are a good thing. I'm always try'n to figure out how to get more haters. Mean's I'm do'n right.

+1 to the Merc comparison, especially sivler with matching top. I can totally see that.

If anything, I do think my 4dr looks like total awesome sauce. I bet awesome sauce wishes its name was JEEP.
Your post made it look as though that statement was mine, but it belonged to "Mariner". He quoted my post and somehow your quote of his came out looking as it did.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a bummer sticker that says "if i wanted a hummer, i would have called your sister" its the best when a hummer pulls up behind you at a red light

Quick Reply: Hummer H3