Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hummer H2 snub

Old 04-22-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
Hummers are terrible. I always laugh when I see a yellow one, don't know why.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hahaha

Originally Posted by matt852

I'll bet they took that yellow turd in trade just to make that display!!! Awsome pic!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hummer!

Originally Posted by The ///Man
Hi guys!

Oh oh, looks like someone has an identity issue!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Humper.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	269233  
Old 01-24-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was giving a relative that I dont see very often a ride recently.
She climbs up in the Jeep and looks around and says how much she likes it, then she said "when did you get this Hummer?"
Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just remember....blinged out paint matched Rubicons could become the new Hummer owner's goto vehicle....*gasp*

I really think that the Hummer brand died because they lost their icon. The H1 resembling the military HMMWV is what attracted so many people. Hell, I love Jeeps but even I show a little respect to demilitarized HMMWVs or the properly used H1s. Jeeps are still way better.

However, what did Hummer do? They left behind their icon of the H1/HMMWV!!! They got rid of it and started building the H2s and then even worse, the H3s!!! What happened? The Hummer wasn't a Hummer anymore, now it was a very expensive box on wheels. I think if they stuck to the H1/HMWWVs ruggedness they would have been just fine. Stick to the EXACT same H1-style body, lighten it up if possible, maybe make it slightly smaller but not deviating from the traditional look/ability and I bet they'd still be alive.

Would they be a huge business? No, they would have continued to be a niche, instead they killed their niche and went into a general market that didn't want them.

If Jeep changes the wrangler too much, they'll do the same thing Hummer did. Kill their own icon, what makes them who they are.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettDez
Just remember....blinged out paint matched Rubicons could become the new Hummer owner's goto vehicle....*gasp*

I really think that the Hummer brand died because they lost their icon. The H1 resembling the military HMMWV is what attracted so many people. Hell, I love Jeeps but even I show a little respect to demilitarized HMMWVs or the properly used H1s. Jeeps are still way better.

However, what did Hummer do? They left behind their icon of the H1/HMMWV!!! They got rid of it and started building the H2s and then even worse, the H3s!!! What happened? The Hummer wasn't a Hummer anymore, now it was a very expensive box on wheels. I think if they stuck to the H1/HMWWVs ruggedness they would have been just fine. Stick to the EXACT same H1-style body, lighten it up if possible, maybe make it slightly smaller but not deviating from the traditional look/ability and I bet they'd still be alive.

Would they be a huge business? No, they would have continued to be a niche, instead they killed their niche and went into a general market that didn't want them.

If Jeep changes the wrangler too much, they'll do the same thing Hummer did. Kill their own icon, what makes them who they are.
I completely agree with BretDez.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmat1980

Jersey SUCKS

And so do the YANKEES!!
Easy there killer.... You would be surprised how many people are from jersey
Old 01-24-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Seriously... keep the comments about Jersey to yourself my friend! We don't take to comments like that lightly....

On another note, when I get my 37's(which should be by april/may) I plan on running over any wannabe jeep, hummer driving individuals. The only true Hummer out there is the ORIGINAL hummer....not all these new models. PISSES ME OFF!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default No jelly

Originally Posted by The ///Man
UJELLY

See, I have the best of both worlds, I can be a young Jersey Shore douche in a Hummer on some days, and an uptight middle aged cry baby in a JK on the other days.
1. That turd is NOT a Hummer, it's a H3. A compact pickup with a shoebox body bolted on is NO Hummer...

2. How is being a douche on ANY day having the best of both worlds?

3. Im 32......Far from middle aged. I mite be a cry baby but watch the age comments...

P.S. If you're going to Gym, Tan, Laundry today......Do it in the turd.....Not the jk.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TONKA

I completely agree with BretDez.
Me too. With H2s no longer in production the Hummer fans had to turn somewhere.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 snub