Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How wide...

Old 04-18-2009, 03:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
What about one of those safari racks that mounts above the wheel wells? You might have enough room at the top of the tub. If so you can keep your gear inside the Jeep and still have some storage underneath the rack.
Not gonna happen. Roll bars are in the way. I emailed MBRP a request for a price quote to mail one to my stateside address. Anyone know how much those MBRP racks run? Honestly, I was contemplating gettin' one anyway, I might as well get it and install it during the break-in period. It could be my first mod.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Who thinks this rack will do the job?

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...EST-RACK-41409
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by jeeperjkj
Not gonna happen. Roll bars are in the way. I emailed MBRP a request for a price quote to mail one to my stateside address. Anyone know how much those MBRP racks run? Honestly, I was contemplating gettin' one anyway, I might as well get it and install it during the break-in period. It could be my first mod.
The prices of all of our products are available at www.mbrp.com. If you Google MBRP roof rack you will find a number of dealers also carrying this product. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
The prices of all of our products are available at www.mbrp.com. If you Google MBRP roof rack you will find a number of dealers also carrying this product. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Thanks. I've been notified by my dealer that I won't be able to change my order and I'm gonna get soft top only. So, at least for now, the MBRP rack is out of the question.

I think I might just have to leave the hard golf cases w/ family and pick them up on another trip, unless I can find a cheap/sturdy hitch mount carrier while I'm there.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Still thinkin' about this. Has anyone used this rack... http://www.quadratec.com/products/12138_3003.htm with this cage... http://www.quadratec.com/products/12138_006.htm

???

Would love to hear some feedback on it if anyone has it or has first hand experience with it.

Quick Reply: How wide...