Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How wet will I get...

Old 07-15-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How wet will I get...

...with the top on, windows off and doors off in the rain (2 door)? I never put my windows in and get a little mist in the back when it rains.

Last edited by paratus13; 07-15-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not too wet. During the summer I always leave the top on for extra protection from the sun plus all I have to is throw on the doors when we get the nearly daily rain storms. The back of the seat and your left shoulder may get wet but nothing too bad. - KY
Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paratus13
...with the top on, windows out and doors in the rain (2 door)? I never put my windows in and get a little mist in the back when it rains.
Depends on how fast you drive. Faster=wet
Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08Rubicon
Not too wet. During the summer I always leave the top on for extra protection from the sun plus all I have to is throw on the doors when we get the nearly daily rain storms. The back of the seat and your left shoulder may get wet but nothing too bad. - KY
Sounds like you are talking about just the windows off...I was wondering about windows and doors off....I have my windows off about 355 days of the year.

Originally Posted by jeepcanoe
Depends on how fast you drive. Faster=wet
No faster than 50, but lots of cars around. I am wondering how the road spray will be...
Old 07-15-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Doors off a lot of spray comes in on your left leg. Depends on the kind of rain too.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do this a fair bit... Legs will get wet (not too bad) and you'll get a fair amount of mist. Look out for big puddles and big trucks kicking off a lot of spray.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the INSIDE of windshield will get wet also, have rage/paper towels to wipe it
Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

You will get wet. If its really windy you will get really wet. but it is fun. And the looks from other people on the road are priceless
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
You will get wet. If its really windy you will get really wet. but it is fun. And the looks from other people on the road are priceless
I run doorless throughout the year except winter. Luckily have a covered parking spot during day and garage at night.

Pop the soft top up and rainstorms are fun - its only water and Jeep does dry out quickly from the side rain. The looks of others is shear pleasure (mine) and theirs are complete bewilderment and stupidity (mine) as they watch.
Its a Jeep thing....enjoy
Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Well, ironically, I found out the answer to my question on the way home today!! Was not supposed to rain until tomorrow, but I got caught in a downpour for about 6 miles. It was awesome! And, yeah....I got plenty of looks! Thanks for all of your replies!

Quick Reply: How wet will I get...