Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How much was your 2013?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Monday or Tuesday I'll be bringing home an Unlimited Sport base model. The MSRP, including destination fee, is $26,690 and their asking price is $23,160. I'm not sure how much more I get them to shave off, though.

I thought about $22,500 OTD with $5,000 cash down, or maybe trying to work out some Jeep accessories credit.

Any input from you guys?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pricing off of the MSRP. What is the invoice price? If you join tread lightly for three years ($60), you can get 1% below invoice, and if you order a catalog from Jeep and tell them that you will buy in one month or less, they will send you a catalog (in about 5 days) with a $500 coupon.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FinallyJO
That's pricing off of the MSRP. What is the invoice price? If you join tread lightly for three years ($60), you can get 1% below invoice, and if you order a catalog from Jeep and tell them that you will buy in one month or less, they will send you a catalog (in about 5 days) with a $500 coupon.
According to TrueCar, invoice is at least $1500 more than the asking price. Without doing the math to find out the actual percentage, it's still much less than TreadLightly's 1%.

I ordered a catalog mid to late last week, so I'm still waiting on it. I hope it comes soon because the buyer is wanting my truck at the beginning of the week. As soon as it's sold, I'll be driving off in a new jeep, or at least have one on order.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

MSRP on mine was $26,990. I paid $25,400 for it which is right around invoice. Not a super deal, but I made out good enough.. I got $16,500 on my trade.. An 08 base model 2 dr X that needed brakes and had a bent front axle housing.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 AM
JK Newbie

Mine came in at 20K plus tax, Bare Bones 2013 Sport, Manual tranny, soft top only.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

In a about 4 months I will be attempting to purchase a new Jeep. Here is what I had in mind. Sahara Unlimited, uconnect 430, leather seats, air conditioning with auto temp control, side airbags, body color matched hard top, 6 speed manual trans, 321 gears. This totals up to $36375.
I can't get the invoice price through USAA becuase I am not in in the military. I would love to be able to find out what the invoice for this jeep is, and negotiate 7-8% below invoice. But don't know how since I can't use USAA. Tread lightly will only get me 1% below invoice.
Any sugestions? I would love to be able to get this jeep for under $32k, plus tax and title. Am I dreaming?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by speedin
In a about 4 months I will be attempting to purchase a new Jeep. Here is what I had in mind. Sahara Unlimited, uconnect 430, leather seats, air conditioning with auto temp control, side airbags, body color matched hard top, 6 speed manual trans, 321 gears. This totals up to $36375.
I can't get the invoice price through USAA becuase I am not in in the military. I would love to be able to find out what the invoice for this jeep is, and negotiate 7-8% below invoice. But don't know how since I can't use USAA. Tread lightly will only get me 1% below invoice.
Any sugestions? I would love to be able to get this jeep for under $32k, plus tax and title. Am I dreaming?
USAA pricing is not "Invoice Price," their pricing is based on ClearBook and TrueCar pricing, which is about like averaging: Edmunds, NADA, and KBB pricing for True Market Value.

Join Tread Lightly for $60.00 now; it is technically supposed to take 30 days for your discounts to kick-in. Any dealership that you claim Tread Lightly discount with must show you the Invoice Price, because Tread Lightly is 1% below Invoice Price.

Use the Tread Lightly discount as a starting point, and start shopping (with the exact same list of options) all of the dealerships; disregard the dealerships that give you a run-around and you should wind up with 3 or so.

Last edited by doc5339; 11-26-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Hello all,
First post here. Seemed like a good place to start. I
picked up a 2013 Sport last week. I got lucky and found one with the exact options I wanted and none the I didn't want. Sticker was $ 28,695 which included: Uconnect, customer preferred package, alpine, 373 rear end, limited slip, and a few other smaller options that I know I'm forgetting. I ended up paying just over $25,000 for it. What was most important to me was that it was a 6 speed manual, had the uconnect, power everything, and the 373 rear end with limited slip. Based on other dealerships I had been to I was really happy with the price.
So far I am enjoying the jeep. My last car was a 2011 Mustang GT so it's been quite a change of pace but it's still fun.

Last edited by pdac1975; 11-27-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdac1975
Hello all,
First post here. Seemed like a good place to start. I
picked up a 2013 Sport last week. I got lucky and found one with the exact options I wanted and none the I didn't want. Sticker was $ 28,695 which included: Uconnect, customer preferred package, alpine, 373 rear end, limited slip, and a few other smaller options that I know I'm forgetting. I ended up paying just over $25,000 for it and it only had 7. What was most important to me was that it was a 6 speed manual, had the uconnect, power everything, and the 373 rear end with limited slip. Based on other dealerships I had been to I was really happy with the price.
So far I am enjoying the jeep. My last car was a 2011 Mustang GT so it's been quite a change of pace but it's still fun.
Nice! Welcome to the obsession. If you thought mustang mods were bad, you just stepped it up a notch. JEEP: Just Empty Every Pocket...
Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just brought home a [whatever] white JKUS base model 6-speed for a few pennies over $22k OTD this morning. It was their premier pricing vehicle (random vehicle priced below their already low prices) or some random promotion with a similar name. Not bad for a sticker of $26,690. Not sure what invoice is, but probably around $25k.

The other base model JKUS' are going for $23,160, which are still some great prices. So if you're in the market for a new JK, check out David Stanley in Midwest City, OK. Even if you're out of state you might still save money overall even if you have to fly here and drive back home. All brand new JKs (including Saharas and Rubis) have at least $3500 taken off MSRP, some have $5500. These are every day prices, too.

Quick Reply: How much was your 2013?