Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How much was your 2013?

Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doc5339

Did you buy from Rick Hendrick West Ashley, North Charleston, or Hoover?

I am negotiating with Hendrick, so far at 4% below Invoice (plus I joined Tread Lightly, which I will spring at the final agreement for 5% BELOW INVOICE)
I bought both from north chaleston. I spoke with savannah hwy on both but liked my guy at NC better. This last time the sales mgr at SH tried to steal the jeep i found and force me to buy it from them. Dirty! Wont be going back again.

Last edited by mattgt5; 10-13-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$46000 au for a sport 4 door jk in Australia, think we are getting ripped off, same for a ford f250 they start at $110000 over here.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where are you guys getting invoice, are you building one online somewhere or going off the dealers numbers.?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my Jeep from Keffer Jeep in Charlotte. I live in Summerville, SC. I REFUSE to ever deal with Jeep dealerships around here, especially Hoover Jeep. They ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!! They lost about 100,000$ worth of vehicles sales between my brother (2012 fully loaded 3500 dually megacab) and myself. Keffer was absolutely awesome, and I'd recommend them based off of my experience.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S_wall98
Where are you guys getting invoice, are you building one online somewhere or going off the dealers numbers.?

I brought my own financing to the dealership, and I had to have the dealership fax a copy of the invoice and purchase order to the credit union. The credit union wouldn't finance the deal if the sales price was absurdly over invoice.

After it was said and done, the credit union guy told me what invoice price was.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by S_wall98
I must admit that I have yet to see any of the dealerships provide an "Invoice" price. I know the USAA (probably same as TrueCar price) Price, and that is just shy of $34,000 for what I have spec'd on my 2013 JKUR. I also have the Overseas Military Car Sales price which is about $37,000 without the extended warranty that they try to include. Even if none of them voluntarily show it to me, I know where the close ballpark is.

My intention is to work them all against each other, and I have made no secret of that. At the moment Hoover Jeep in Summerville is in the lead, promising $500 below Hendrick West Ashley, how promised 4.5% below invoice (I will spring the Tread Lightly 1% at the last minute). Overseas Military Car Sales also has a "Low Price Guarantee," all I have to do is sent them the best Detailed Written Quote, and they will supposedly beat it.

I realize that most of the dealerships are just liars, but I also know that I really cannot do any worse than the USAA Price through either Hendrick North Charleston or West Ashley. I will also quote the Charlotte dealership that was mentioned previously in the thread, because I have heard the sam ebad things about Hoover.

It sounds pretty sick, but this internet negotiating is how I kill time when I am off-duty on my current deployment. Isn't it crazy that the best price can't be the first price that a dealer offers, especially when you tell them that you are getting comps for the exact same vehicle?

Last edited by doc5339; 10-16-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CherrySaharaJk8
I bought my Jeep from Keffer Jeep in Charlotte. I live in Summerville, SC. I REFUSE to ever deal with Jeep dealerships around here, especially Hoover Jeep. They ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!! They lost about 100,000$ worth of vehicles sales between my brother (2012 fully loaded 3500 dually megacab) and myself. Keffer was absolutely awesome, and I'd recommend them based off of my experience.
I hear you, and have just requested a quote from Keffer. I hate to drive 2 hours plus to Charlotte, but I am more than happy to do if I can avoid being jerked around.

Thanks!

Last edited by doc5339; 10-16-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you use Tread Ligthly or any other Affiliate Member discount, the dealer HAS to provide you with the inovice price.

Besides, you can find the invoice price on Edmunds or TrueCar or many other sites. Heck, over on another board a dealer and a few insiders lisst out the invoice prices at the start of each model year.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by panthermark
If you use Tread Ligthly or any other Affiliate Member discount, the dealer HAS to provide you with the inovice price.

Besides, you can find the invoice price on Edmunds or TrueCar or many other sites. Heck, over on another board a dealer and a few insiders lisst out the invoice prices at the start of each model year.
I am picking-up what you are putting-down. I do imagine that the USAA Price is pretty much Invoice Price, but I will be sure to check it all out when I review the finalized quotes.

Thank you!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

doc5339, Hoover and Rick Hendrick told us they couldn't come off MSRP AT ALL, so we said goodbye to them. Kept looking around for the Jeep I wanted and found a few at Keffer and went there and they came off MSRP about 10-15% and were super friendly.

Quick Reply: How much was your 2013?