Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How much under MSRP?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting ready to order a new 12' Rubicon. I just dont know how far under MSRP I should be at? My MSRP is $40,165. They are advertising sale price of $37,165. I don't understand asking for the invoice? Would they have the invoice for a special order? Also what is the price on the invoice? It cant possible be the price they actually pay for the vehicle? What have you guys been getting off of the MSRP of the vehicle?
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RescueG911
Getting ready to order a new 12' Rubicon. I just dont know how far under MSRP I should be at? My MSRP is $40,165. They are advertising sale price of $37,165. I don't understand asking for the invoice? Would they have the invoice for a special order? Also what is the price on the invoice? It cant possible be the price they actually pay for the vehicle? What have you guys been getting off of the MSRP of the vehicle?
Ask to see the invoice and don't pay more than the FFP price. If they don't want to give it to you, say you have an Affiliate Reward code (then quickly buy a 3 year tread lightly membership to get one!). You *could* get even below the FFP, but that seems to be the most common price folks have been getting on the 2012's. Also try to talk down the document fees.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have the tread lightly code. The web site says they have to mail the code out, and they send them out every Friday? Kind of old school, wondering why they just don't email it to you after member purchase. I'm trying to close the deal this weekend. Hopefully they are gonna wanna close the deal also and not want to wait for my mail to come in.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RescueG911
I don't have the tread lightly code. The web site says they have to mail the code out, and they send them out every Friday? Kind of old school, wondering why they just don't email it to you after member purchase. I'm trying to close the deal this weekend. Hopefully they are gonna wanna close the deal also and not want to wait for my mail to come in.
You can get it MUCH faster. Google Chrysler Affiliate Reward Program for the website to get a new control number - in order to sign up and get the AR code, you just need Tread Lightly's Company Code, which you can also find on a PDF file through a quick Google search. This will get you a control number (AR code) and all you need is the reciept for your tread lightly membership to prove affiliation.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to Hi-jack your thread, but can you get the affiliate code and have it applied after the fact? I just purchased a new 2011 Sport 2dr and would like to see if I can get a better deal. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Quick Reply: How much under MSRP?