Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How Much should I expect to pay to instal AEV Carrier

Old 12-04-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Much should I expect to pay to instal AEV Carrier

so I picked up an AEV carrier since I purchased 37's last weekend, and I am just wondering how much I should expect to pay to have it installed?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. Am considering the same and would be interested to hear some ballparks.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default were in mass are u?

Originally Posted by jknit
so I picked up an AEV carrier since I purchased 37's last weekend, and I am just wondering how much I should expect to pay to have it installed?
I've installed two of these one on my 09 and the other on my 2012. not that hard little tricky getting the swing away and bumper to all fit on at the same time. are you in a rush?
I'm in Holliston area most of the time but away with work until after the new year.
If your handy it should only take you about 3 hrs or so. The directions AEV sends with the bumpers is straight forward and easy to understand.
I'm not a shop for repairs I just do all my own work and do it as a hobby.
So if you can wait then a few and a little time could help you take care of it.

all the work listed below on the 09 I did myself. still working on it almost done.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I had this priced at the local shop in denver and it was dollar for dollar...so carrier was $700 install $700. I bought the carrier and did the install myself. No knowlege just the instructions and a full Saturday. Ask a forum member and give it a try. You'll be good to go.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 AM
JfK
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rdubb1031
I had this priced at the local shop in denver and it was dollar for dollar...so carrier was $700 install $700. I bought the carrier and did the install myself. No knowlege just the instructions and a full Saturday. Ask a forum member and give it a try. You'll be good to go.
Good lord, what a scam!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JfK
Good lord, what a scam!
Yeah tell me about it.. I've come to realize whatever I want to buy I need to double to get it installed. I just ended up doing it myself. Took me about 6-7 hrs one saturday, but I double checked everything and measured 3 xs.. ha. Its an awesome carrier though and doable with basic tools. I used a Dremel to cut the bumper and that saved a ton of time. Good Luck.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just called the place that installed my lift they said since I am a returning customer theyd charge 75 and hr and estimated it at 3 hrs to me thats probably worth it to just pay to have it installed, i have very basic tools and basic knowledge and my time is pretty booked up until after the holidays
Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JfK

Good lord, what a scam!
Wow. At that price I'm thinking I can buy all the tools needed for the install and then some. Will have to call the dealer to see what they would offer (buying my JKU this weekend).
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

ealive....... Since your a texas fan people are naturally going to charge you more.

Did you hear about that big riot between Okies and texans. It got really bad. The texans were throwing hand grenades at us Okies.... We were pullin the pins and throwing em back!!! :-)

Boomer Sooner
Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by okie
ealive....... Since your a texas fan people are naturally going to charge you more.

Did you hear about that big riot between Okies and texans. It got really bad. The texans were throwing hand grenades at us Okies.... We were pullin the pins and throwing em back!!! :-)

Boomer Sooner

aaaand it begins.

Surprised that you okies were able to wrestle a free hand from those catfish holes long enough to throw the greandes back!

Hook'em.

Quick Reply: How Much should I expect to pay to instal AEV Carrier