Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How Much Does Wrangler Production Staying in Toledo Mean to You?

Old 09-01-2015, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess this was answered this morning.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Yup Wrangler staying in Toledo and Cherokee moving elsewhere. And Wrangler truck is coming.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont care as long as they are USA made.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi

Assembled here... many parts havent been usa made for a long time on these jks... If the parts are chinese and such does it really make much difference where there assembled quality wise?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maertz
Assembled here... many parts havent been usa made for a long time on these jks... If the parts are chinese and such does it really make much difference where there assembled quality wise?
Same thing I've tried to say. But I guess the important thing is that it keeps jobs here.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

many parts is vague, it's true perhaps but misleading. 72% of my wrangler was sourced from America (USA and Canada) I know my transmission and some associated parts came from Germany. And we know some engine parts are sourced from Mexico. I doubt very much of it comes from China. In fact many parts (see what I did there) are sourced within 50 miles of the plant. Dana headquarters is close by.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:51 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 14JKWW
many parts is vague, it's true perhaps but misleading. 72% of my wrangler was sourced from America (USA and Canada) I know my transmission and some associated parts came from Germany. And we know some engine parts are sourced from Mexico. I doubt very much of it comes from China. In fact many parts (see what I did there) are sourced within 50 miles of the plant. Dana headquarters is close by.
Id bet most electronics are, and wasnt the axles metal even cheap chinese metal? I dont consider canada the us but hey thats just me. Also 72 percent doesnt by any stretch make jeep American imo. Im curious where that precise number came from also.

Last edited by Maertz; 09-04-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Id bet most electronics are, and wasnt the axles metal even cheap chinese metal? I dont consider canada the us but hey thats just me. Also 72 percent doesnt by any stretch make jeep American imo. Im curious where that precise number came from also.
required by law on the sticker when I had my Jeep built. Also I don't consider Canada the U.S. Either. But they are part of America the continent. And sure if 72% sourced from America, designed and built in America doesn't make it American "by any stretch" well then that's your opinion. That pretty much eliminates every vehicle from being American. I know of a few at 75% but 72% is up there. I'm not sure where the Metal for the axles came from. You seem confident it's from China. Do you have a source? Or just gut instinct?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2548306202.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	623831  

Last edited by 14JKWW; 09-05-2015 at 06:00 AM.

Quick Reply: How Much Does Wrangler Production Staying in Toledo Mean to You?