Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How much do you pay for an Oil Change?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got some sort of add on protection for 5 years and it includes free oil changes. The only problem with that is having to make an appointment, then finding the time to drive it to the dealership and then waiting an hour for it to get done.

Five minutes away from my house sits a Jiffy Lube with guy waiting for customers outside waiving signs "First 3 cars get $12.99 oil change." And they only take 10-15 minutes tops.

But it's free, so I'm okay.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xerofall
I got some sort of add on protection for 5 years and it includes free oil changes. The only problem with that is having to make an appointment, then finding the time to drive it to the dealership and then waiting an hour for it to get done.

Five minutes away from my house sits a Jiffy Lube with guy waiting for customers outside waiving signs "First 3 cars get $12.99 oil change." And they only take 10-15 minutes tops.

But it's free, so I'm okay.
$12.99 is a great price if you have confidence in their work. My dad takes his car to place because he's gotten to know the owner and the guy does good work. I hear all the horror stories about Jiffy Lube but for some folks it's the only way to get it done other than a dealership.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine are free with the jeep extended warranty, not bad deal for 5 year basic & powertrain.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealer where I bought mine has a special oil and filter change and tire rotation and balance for 17.95. That's almost wirth it for me not to go to the trouble....almost.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AGASMI
How much do you pay for an Oil Change at your local Jeep Dealer?

17 to 21 bucks and usually get a freebee thrown in, like tire rotation this month.

Go to Jeep.com in the owners area you can always find a coupon to print out good for your local Jeep dealer.

Quick Reply: How much do you pay for an Oil Change?