Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How much is a 2.5" lift worth?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default How much is a 2.5" lift worth?

I am negotiaiting buying a 2010 2-door JK from a dealer. They have installed a 2.5" suspension lift and 35" tires. I am not crazy about their choice of chrome rims, so I worked out a deal where they would leave on the 2.5" lift and put the stock tires back on. They extra cost for the lift comes out to $1200. I have no idea what brand of lift it is. Does this sound like a fair price, or should I just do it myself?

Last edited by manasquan; 01-11-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

So $500 would be the cost for parts, and then how much would installation be? The other thing is, would any dealership still honor the warranty if I had it done myself? I know this dealership would still honor it if I bought their lift.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealership told me that would NOT warrenty lifts installed by other dealers.

When we were jeep shopping they were searching uther dealerships far and wide to find the jeep we wanted. They would not even sell us a jeep that came with any mods beucase they could not warrenty the mods. Maybe that's just my dealership.

I wouldn't even consider paying the dealership for their "labor" of putting a 2.5 lift on. You don't get that money back during resale so don't pay for it now. That lift would take you and some friends an afternoon to do yourselves.

also consder that if you put that lift on yourself, you would have ZERO dealerships that would warrenty it, and many that would give you a hard time becuase it's a lifted jeep. This way you might get at least 1 dealership that will cover you. Make sure that everybody involved knows that they will be covering any warrenty items that may result becuase of that lift (no saying you'll defiantely have any, but jsut in case)

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

It could be the Mopar lift which would run about the price you figured. The good thing about it I guess would be that it would be under warranty.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16170_1001.htm
Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Are you from Manasquan, NJ? If so PM me I think I know the dealer.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

I lived there a few years ago. Living in south florida now.

Quick Reply: How much is a 2.5" lift worth?