Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How many tires inside with seat out?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many tires inside with seat out?

I am heading out to pick up a set of 5 factory Rubicon wheels/tires...

I have the back seat out of my Jeep and a hard top...

My question for anyone that knows, is how many will fit inside..?
will i be able to take a passenger in the front and still get 5 inside...?
or do i leave my spare at home and fit 4 inside...?

i searched but didnt see anything...

thanks for your assistance...
Old 01-25-2008, 11:35 PM
JK Freak

Thanks Toad... i'll leave the spare at home... i've got AAA.

How are your 35's working out with 4.10's...?

I'm gonna do 4.88's (and 35's) down the road, just getting some M/T's for now.

maybe then i can go on some of the easier runs...
Old 01-25-2008, 11:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree leave the spare. I think I got all five in mine but had the front seat forward. Bring some plastic bags for your seats, tires are filthy and it doesnt come out of the fabric.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Bring some plastic bags for your seats, tires are filthy and it doesnt come out of the fabric.

x2!!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

When I picked up my new tires, I was able to get all 5 in the back of my 2 door with the back seat out. They aren't quite as big as Rubi tires, but they come out to a 31.6" so they are close. I was able to stack the rims in the front seat as well, just to get to the tire store. Enjoy the new tires!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just did this last weekend. I picked up the tires with my spare already off to make up for some of the room. I stacked three tires on top of each other placed up against the passenger side seat and the other tire parallel with the tail gate. Plenty of room and it worked out better than i thought. Definetly bring a blanket for the rear of your passenger seat so it doesnt leave any tire marks and if its a long trip maybe some bungy cords or tie downs to strap down the tires. Best of luck and trust me you'll love the new tires/rims...they make my JK look 100% better than stock.

Chuck
Old 01-26-2008, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

well, i got them home...

we had a nice drive from Hesperia, to Lancaster, and down to Thousand Oaks, packed up 4 rubi tires/wheels (the will stack 4 across..) and chocked them front and back so they didnt roll... (with the spare mounted on back)

still had room to recline the front seats and it was a nice ride back to Hesperia... (in the rain) on the 118 to 210 to the 15 and up.. Love my GPS.

i could feel the extra weight in the back. But you can still see over them.

I have a camel pack on my passenger seat, so it kept the dirt off, but the drivers seat may have some on it. (does "Resolve" mess up seat covers?)

well, see what a mess i made in the morning when i get em out and put em on... (wish i had a floor jack) but it will be fun doing it the hard way, one at a time.

Then its off to get dirty again.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
I can really feel a difference when driving it now with the 35s. It's definitely more work. We're going to regear to 5.13s...just not sure when or where or exactly which gears to get. Still doing research. I DO love the new wheels and tires though.
I think 4.88's will be max for me (for now..) i still like to drive the highway too.

i hope to catch you guys out some time... i've been watching the videos, and i'm really impressed.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 AM
JK Jedi

I wouldn't try the resolve first. Try water only. Maybe do a test of the resolve somewhere. I would worry you might take out the water repellency with a chemical.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I wouldn't try the resolve first. Try water only. Maybe do a test of the resolve somewhere. I would worry you might take out the water repellency with a chemical.

True true...

maybe it wont be so bad... ( i dont ride in the back anyway...)
i may leave the back seat out.

OH... now WHY do people that are trying to get into the back feel they have to almost YANK the passenger seat out while getting their asses in????
that pisses me off, i may leave the seat out all together and put them in the floor from the back door...!!!!

Quick Reply: How many tires inside with seat out?