Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: How many stuck cars do you pull out of the snow?
Not sure yet - I have not had my Jeep last winter
41.43%
30.00%
1 or 2
12.86%
3 to 5
5.71%
6 to 10
5.71%
11 to 15
1.43%
16+
2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

How many stuck cars do you pull out of snow?

Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled a taxi-cab out of a ditch with my 99 Tacoma a couple years ago. Just seemed like the right thing to do after I watched him slide down in there.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Last Winter

I helped pull a real fancy SUV (which I am not gonna name ) out of a ditch once last winter while driving to Mammoth in my TJ. The owner of that fully loaded 4X4 SUV just bought it new. The scary thing is that when I asked him why he did not use his 4X4 gear, he asked me: what's that for?

Last edited by 08JK; 10-15-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

They few I have pulled over to try an help had no where to hook up to. I can see it now, getting sued for pulling there car apart.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubidon
They few I have pulled over to try an help had no where to hook up to. I can see it now, getting sued for pulling there car apart.
A friend of mine pulled a young families car out of a ditch during a terrible snow storm (hundereds of stranded vehicles) here in Colorado. Two months later after the snow was gone he was served with a small claims law suit for damage to the bumper. Neither party noticed the damage in the snow storm, but the other party claimed they saw it when they got home.

My friend lost and ended up paying $1800. Judge said that if he is going to go around towing people out of ditches he should at least have insurance to cover situtations like these, similar to what professional tow trucks have.

Sucks that things like this happen.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MileHighAko
A friend of mine pulled a young families car out of a ditch during a terrible snow storm (hundereds of stranded vehicles) here in Colorado. Two months later after the snow was gone he was served with a small claims law suit for damage to the bumper. Neither party noticed the damage in the snow storm, but the other party claimed they saw it when they got home.

My friend lost and ended up paying $1800. Judge said that if he is going to go around towing people out of ditches he should at least have insurance to cover situtations like these, similar to what professional tow trucks have.

Sucks that things like this happen.
Sucks. That just kills the spirit of helping someone, doesn't it?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

"That is why I won't do it unless I know the person... Like if a friend would call me up.. I would help a fellow Jeeper if they had recovery points.. Other then that.. Nope.. "

That is one reason I don't pull anybody out anymore. We don't have snow down here, but miles & miles of sand at the beach.

I used to pull people out when I had my 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4, but not now. Afraid of lawsuits and/or driveline damage.

Fellow Jeepers? Would assist in an instant.
Drunken fools in Galveston or Bolivar? No way........
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This just really pisses me off. I can't believe that a judge would allow that case to go through. WOW. All I can say. If we have gotten to the point of having such a gimme gimme gimme selfish society that you would sue someone who pulled your ass from the ditch during a snow storm and WIN, it really is a sad state of affairs.

WORST part about it.... I bet that the same a-hole that sued for damage to his bumper after getting saved from a snowstorm would have sued someone for failing to come to his assistance when they were capable.

Whatever happened to helping people and being helped in return, with no worries about stupid lawsuits......
Old 10-16-2007, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did that guy (the puller) give the other guy (the pulled) his information?
Any time I pulled someone out of a ditch, I never got there name - they never got mine. Seems strange.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Do it this way. More fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7i78PcncU
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja

Quick Reply: How many stuck cars do you pull out of snow?