Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How many people have fallen out of your jeep?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many people have fallen out of your jeep?

Not sure if this has been discussed but this past weekend a few friends and I went wheeling. At first just one person fell out of the jeep and it was your classic case of he completely forgot to do the leap / hop out of the jeep, or to stand on the sliders. Instead he just stepped out into oblivion and ended up on his back laughing.

Then it happened to another guy as we were parked on an incline but this time there was snow under us so I could relate. Because last year I FELL OUT OF MY OWN JEEP AND ENDED UP UNDERNEATH IT!! It was straddling a pretty deep valley and as I went to put my foot down I slipped and turned and ended up seeing the underside of my jeep.

So how many others have either fell out themselves or had someone just disappear after stepping out?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when the doors are off, my girlfriend anticipates it too much... she attempts to jump out, but leaves her seat belt on.

its happened more than once.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

I will admit I've been in that situation before, i think twice...............I parked on a hill to take some pictures, dirt was really loose and lost my footing
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Happened to at least two passengers, and to me, too... most recently, I went to step out of the Jeep and planted my foot on a patch of half-frozen mud with my heel... foot went out from under me, and I slid down. It was good for a laugh, at least!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
I asked my wife if anyone has fallen out and she matter of factly stated that "No , we wear our seatbelts".
and thats a good thing!

not so funny story.

i work at a hospital and one night we had a trauma... a guy and girl were drunk and hauling ass around in their jeep. the girl took a turn too quick and the dude went flying out the side... the girl kept driving.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh man that's not good!

But it is nice to know I'm not the only one having some trouble with the dismount.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down I Did the Opposite.

Never have fallen out, but I fell into my Jeep once. The doors were off so I was attempting to hop in. I put one foot on the side steps and one hand on the roll bar and I slide into the driver's seat all cool-like.

Unfortunately I had replaced those steps with the rock rails the week before. My foot had nothing to land on and I fell right in!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
That title is hilarious.

I asked my wife if anyone has fallen out and she matter of factly stated that "No , we wear our seatbelts".

I guess I need more lift so I can fall some people out of the Jeep.
look at that"more lift" another coincidence i suppose?? ha!ha!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:03 AM
JK Jedi

No issues yet, guess I have something to look forward to!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:25 AM
JK Freak

The very first time I drove my jeep after installing my lift and 35's (shakedown run) I pulled back into the driveway, and fell flat on my face with one of my shoes in the window opening and other by the seat. I couldn't help but laugh cause my buddy even told me to watch out.

Another time I was coming around a turn, while doorless and topless, and did a curb check (not used to the 35's width) and almost flung myself out the drivers side door. I came around the turn, my left hand holding on to the roll bar, right hand on the left side of the steering wheel with my head and body headed torwards oncoming. needless to say at the last minute I was able to pull myself in. But I think the lady shit herself when sh saw me coming around the bend.

Quick Reply: How many people have fallen out of your jeep?