Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How many miles do you get to a tank!!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMagic97

With bigger tires your speedometer is off (it will read lower speed than actual). So, when you're doing 55MPH (Closer to 65 actual is running 35's tires) your Jeep registers you doing 55 MPH via Distance/Time. So less distance (via speedometer reeding low) over the same times means your Jeep thinks it isn't going as far, so it feels like you are using more gas per mile than you really are. Re-calibration for bigger tires (up to 32" I believe) is available from the dealer. Anything more can be done with the AEV Procal. So, for example prior to re-calibration it said I was getting like 200 gallon per tanks, via the DTE and tripometer (miles divided by gallons). Which makes sense because they were both reading the same source. When the sourse is changed (i.e. re-calibrated), both numbers will change. Now I get 250's-300depending on my driving and the environment.
Thanks a lot.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKUR GRUNT
Thanks a lot.
No problem. I just hope I did a good job describing it.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

That helped a lot so the procal will make me feel like I'm getting more mpg lmao great!!!!

Quick Reply: How many miles do you get to a tank!!