Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how long have you gone with out doors with a daily driver?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was doors off for about 6 weeks this summer....only put them back on for a quick trip carrying a lot of gear inside.

Once I bedline the interior I plan to keep them off all of next summer.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I have had my new rubicon for over 70 days now and I have never had the doors on since I took them off at the dealer 5 mins after I got it. I lost count how meny times I have used it in the rain with out doors and the coldest it got to was 48F (not a big deal for my because I have used my WWII jeep in the snow with no doors, top or windshld.) I want to see if I can make it a hole year with out the doors. What is the record for longest without doors with a JK daily driver, and what is the coldist anyone has without doors?

This will never happen with me. I live with two females need I say more.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

a guy on my block never has a top or doors on his CJ no matter what the weather is, it is covered in bad weather tho

ive only gone 2 weeks with out the top, not fond of the rain on my interior while its parked..i usually always have the back windows out 90% of the time since ive owned it tho

do you people drive in the rain with the doors ( or tops) off? or throw the top back on and keep off the doors?
Old 10-16-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I have had my new rubicon for over 70 days now and I have never had the doors on since I took them off at the dealer 5 mins after I got it. I lost count how meny times I have used it in the rain with out doors and the coldest it got to was 48F (not a big deal for my because I have used my WWII jeep in the snow with no doors, top or windshld.) I want to see if I can make it a hole year with out the doors. What is the record for longest without doors with a JK daily driver, and what is the coldist anyone has without doors?
you win!!! even if you don't have the record yet, i saw the pictures you posted from the day you bought your jeep. you should just throw your doors and top away, i'd put money on you never using them at all.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gtlegg
a guy on my block never has a top or doors on his CJ no matter what the weather is, it is covered in bad weather tho

ive only gone 2 weeks with out the top, not fond of the rain on my interior while its parked..i usually always have the back windows out 90% of the time since ive owned it tho

do you people drive in the rain with the doors ( or tops) off? or throw the top back on and keep off the doors?
Driving in the rain ain't half bad. I have driven once or twice in the rain for short bouts, wasn't fond of soakin my kiddos though. If your alone its nice.

With the doors off in the rain, its not bad either .. you may get some water, well a lot of mist thrown up in the jeepo, especially if your on the freeway. Just depends on what you prefer driving in really I guess.

IF you like to stay dry and warm, or if you like the elements.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well on my JK I have ot taken them off yet, but on my CJ's I have gone for months with out the doors while using it for a DD. In fact I don't even have the doors for my current CJ anymore.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

dont know how many days, take mine off late may and put them back on around the first of october. I will put them on when a big storm rolls thru though untill it passes. I have to put the doors on during the wet seasons becuase i just have too much mudd to deal with and it is a pain to clean up when on the inside.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

My record (because it's the only time so far) is 4 days. My little girl isn't so crazy about it, plus it was going to rain, so I had to put it all back on.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

if i saw you driving in a snow storm, i'd probably just laugh at ya.....phone guinness and see what the record is!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richelsd
if i saw you driving in a snow storm, i'd probably just laugh at ya.....phone guinness and see what the record is!
That is because you just dont know how to have fun!

Quick Reply: how long have you gone with out doors with a daily driver?