Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how long have you gone with out doors with a daily driver?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long have you gone with out doors with a daily driver?

I have had my new rubicon for over 70 days now and I have never had the doors on since I took them off at the dealer 5 mins after I got it. I lost count how meny times I have used it in the rain with out doors and the coldest it got to was 48F (not a big deal for my because I have used my WWII jeep in the snow with no doors, top or windshld.) I want to see if I can make it a hole year with out the doors. What is the record for longest without doors with a JK daily driver, and what is the coldist anyone has without doors?

Last edited by ChevyM14; 10-15-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think I have counted the days. I take mine off when it gets warm (spring) and put them on when it gets cold (fall). Well I did with my TJ anyway. I had a set of full soft besttop doors for days where it rained. Will have to see about getting a set for the JK now. Also with 4 doors I need to find a better way to store them.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

not sure about the record but I have gone about 3 months give or take a few days when big storms came through I put them back on and then took them off when it was over
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my Jk but my TJ well almost 2 yrs !
Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Junkie

the doors go on when i take the lady out at night or go down town ATL (they provide some protection from small arms fire) but they stay off 99% of the time... if there is a lot of mud on the trail... they backs go on.

the coldest was 28* F --> camping trip/trailride beginning at 7am... it warmed up to about 44 that day
Old 10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have no where to store the JK doors at my new place, but my old CJ never had doors so my record is 5 years as a daily driver until I sold it to get the JK... And that was through Hurricane Charley and countless Florida summers lol
Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

ya, but it dos not snow where you guys live.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

All Summer long, except when I go to Montreal, because I'm too affraid to leave my Jeep alone in this crazy city.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had them off most of June and all of July, put them on for about a week the begining of August when I had to leave it at the dealership a couple times for service then finally put them back on the end of September. Saw the low 40's a couple of mornings on the way to work.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

when I was in WA ... only for like a week ... sadly ! I have a 2 and 1 year old, and they didn't like the wind. It was the longest I got to drive without them.

THe coldest it got when I was driving with my doors and topless was low 30's. I was a popsicle by the time I got back to the house or hotel if I was outta town.

Just wear wool socks, sweats, jeans over the sweats, pants over the jeans, three shirts a sweatshirt and a northface jacket over the top and warm gloves and a beanie .... you will stay warm enought not to freeze your arse off!

Quick Reply: how long have you gone with out doors with a daily driver?