Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how do you guys afford it?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We pay everything on credit cards, BUT we pay the balance off each month so we pay no interests. We rarely take cash out because you end up spending the change. If we make big purchases, we shop for no interest financing and never be late on those payments or OUCH!!!! We save monthly for big purchases in the future.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

I am canadian and I had no problem getting them to budge on the price! Sticker said $39,500 I walked out the door for $29,500. BRAND NEW Fully loaded Rubi! I think i pay $280 every two weeks for her which bi-weekly saves me $ on intrest.
Took alot of haggling to get out the door for that price (about a week) but in the end I won because I had the check and they wanted it!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geebee
$625 payment, $225 insurance monthly.
My insurance when I lived near Prince George was $320 per month. When I moved to the North Coast area it went down to about $280. And before anyone says it, no there isn't any way I can get it much cheaper. Other than getting older or moving (which I won't do).
Old 12-02-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In terms of affordability, ts not just the Jeep itself, its the constant stream of *required* modifications that some us feel so compelled to do.
And to that effect many of the forum sponsors run great promotions this time of year to help overcome this addiction.

Originally Posted by echofoxtrot
My insurance when I lived near Prince George was $320 per month. When I moved to the North Coast area it went down to about $280. And before anyone says it, no there isn't any way I can get it much cheaper. Other than getting older or moving (which I won't do).
If you are young and single you can also get married.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was looking at getting a newer Tj, until I found my 08 Rubicon with 1800 miles for $18k on ebay. My dad paid cash and I was going to pay 90% of one paycheck and half of my other. Paid $600 to have it shipped from Virginia to Oklahoma and had it the next weekend. But, the best part is, is that my dad said if I graduated with a 3.5 or higher he would pay it off for me, I did, so I only paid one payment of $600 and then he called it even.

Now all I pay is $450 a month in insurance, which he pays as long as I keep a 3.0 or better in college.

And if I get a 3.5 gpa for the year my mom will basically buy me anything I want for my birthday in June. I love my parents, no way I could afford all this stuff without them .
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
JK Junkie

I'm rich, I can afford it
Old 12-03-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

Started working at 16 and kept working my a$$ off my whole life. Along with a couple good investment with a little luck.
Have never cared about fancy material things in the house... just things with chrome and HP . Don't take fancy expensive vacations.
I'm 52 (still working) and figure I've earned my toys.
But if I don't stop getting them I'll NEVER retire
Old 12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

$625 monthly payment and $329 insurance... And I pay for my own school too... Glad I have full time job! AND D$%MN you PPL on this forum who make me spend more on my Jeep... jk.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
$625 monthly payment and $329 insurance... And I pay for my own school too... Glad I have full time job! AND D$%MN you PPL on this forum who make me spend more on my Jeep... jk.
That's F'ing insane for insurance/month... I roughly paying $105/month. Are you strictly through ICBC or did you just get the basic through ICBC and get your extended insurance through a private carrier???
Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
That's F'ing insane for insurance/month... I roughly paying $105/month. Are you strictly through ICBC or did you just get the basic through ICBC and get your extended insurance through a private carrier???
When I insured it I was a New Driver (N), only 1 year of driving experience.. and had a small bump accident Plus its a new jeep, SUV and all that together came to this amount Oh and strictly with f@#@n ICBC! Sorry not a big fan of them...

Last edited by Rubicon_Fan; 12-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: how do you guys afford it?