Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how do you guys afford it?

Old 11-25-2009, 11:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got totally loaded Rubi Unlim so I didn't have to mod too much (LOL). to make payments lower I took a very long loan from my credit untion at a good interest rate and then bought lifetime B2B warranty from Jeep so that I'm not having major repair bills while still having payments. I plan on keeping this one forever. get back to me after that time to aee how my plan worked out
Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacon
I looked at two 2010 Rubi's today. 34K and 39K!!! I have a good paying job, but I just don't know how anybody can afford spending 500-700 dollars a month on a Jeep! how do you guys do it? even used JK Rubi's are still in the mid 20's around here.
That sticker pricing is too high. Given the current state of the Economy I wouldn't pay more than about $30K for a Rubi Unlimited....brand new.

Also bear in mind that if you finance over a longer period, Chrysler will stick it to you on the financing rate. If you can find a way to finance over a shorter period, or finance from a different source (your bank) then you can avoid the hefty interest rates that Chrysler will hit you with.

Another option would be to lease initially (say 3 years) and then re-finance the buyout payment. You had better be VERY confident that you can finance that buyout payment at a good rate though...the only source of financing that would make me confident enough to do that would be a line of credit that I already have, at a rate that I know won't go up too much.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Weekend I bought it
So, did you let the duck pull that passing maneuver, or did you cut him off?
Old 11-26-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
So, did you let the duck pull that passing maneuver, or did you cut him off?
I was trying to backup, duck was waiting for my spot.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
I was trying to backup, duck was waiting for my spot.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big E
Got my used 2008 Rubicon for 20 grand private sale here in New Brunswick - shop around or rob a few banks
green one from the Miramichi area by any chance? i saw that on kijiji, was gonna call, checked the next day, it was gone.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

$635. /month.. 0% interest 48months, put 3gs down. Not bad Rubi Unl. NAV,tow pkg...ect. bought Feb. 2009 new. They had some good deals then, it's a lot of money a month, could have brought it down but with interest. Pay big now save in the long run. ps 39 more payments
Old 12-02-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just be smart with your money and you should be fine. I'm a 22 year old who pays all my own bills, rent, insurance, everything. I don't make a lot of money at work, but I've always been good with saving and everything so it works out. I put down about 9k (including tax) and finance 500 a month.

This is going to sound wicked cheasy, but "be a hustler." The dealership offered me 350 for my '94 Camry. I sold it on my own 3 days later for 2750. Boom. Extra 2400 toward payments. I've also saved a ton of money by buying parts on Craigslist and talking down the price big time. I bought a MyGig RER w/ lockpick, mic, and backup cam on Craiglist a few months back, and the guy's rock bottom price was 1800. I got it for 450 INSTALLED.

To sum it up, be smart with your money, don't buy crap you don't need, take advantage of a bargain when you see one, and try to talk down the price of anything that doesn't have a set price.

Remember that there is a big difference between being cheap and being smart.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all about saving and pinching penny's to buy mods! and getting the employee discount helps too!

Red
Old 12-02-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

PUT A GOOD CHUNK DOWN AND WENT FROM 26K STICKER TO ABOUT 15K OTD WITH DOWN PAYMENT AND TALKING THEM DOWN....

Quick Reply: how do you guys afford it?