Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how do you guys afford it?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geebee
$625 payment, $225 insurance monthly.
That would just about cover my house payment.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my 07 Sahara used..with 643 miles on the ticker for $17,000.00
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess those Canadians can thank their nationalized health care system for more than just the excellent service they receive when they get sick.thinking:
Old 11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Geebee....do you have full coverage thru ICBC on your JK???? Look at just getting the Basic coverage through ICBC and call up Canadian Direct and get your extended coverage...probably save $3-500/yr!!!

I get 43% discount basic ICBC - $38/month
Canadian Direct with low deductible and high Liability - $68/month for our JK unlimited Wrangler. I get a little better rate with Canadian Direct as I have another vehicle insured through them.
when i moved to BC last summer and bought last fall private companies said that they wouldnt insure me until i had more than 5 years of independent driving on my own policy ???? which meant i have to stick with ICBC until renewal next year.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by geebee
when i moved to BC last summer and bought last fall private companies said that they wouldnt insure me until i had more than 5 years of independent driving on my own policy ???? which meant i have to stick with ICBC until renewal next year.
That is crap!!! When your policy is up...give Canadian Direct a call, I have been pretty happy with them in regards to insurance claims like windshield replacement..actually easier than ICBC.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
My brand new rubi 2dr was $21k from the dealership. Perfectly fine with my ~$300/mo Rubicon. My sticker was $32k, but paid nowhere near that..
how the hell did you pull that off
Old 11-25-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
You're gettin RIPPED a new one.
NO KIDDING! I pay $71 per month for my auto insurance through USAA. Full coverage, $250 deductables, the max coverage I can have on everything except medical. I cant even fathom $200+!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
It is worth every penny that I forked out and keep forking out.

You said forkin.....heh heh heh huh huh huh
Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bacon
I just don't know how anybody can afford spending 500-700 dollars a month on a Jeep!
Let me tell you how I used that thought to totally screw myself.

Had an '07 Unlimited Sahara. Loved it. Would drive as much as I could. Even on boring work days, going in with the top down made me look forward to getting out of bed.

One day I sat down in front of the computer, fired up Excel, and updated my budget. I about crapped when I saw how much my Jeep cost me (payment + gas) compared to other expenses (food, etc).

Ended up trading it for a much less expensive car (that happens to look like a toaster) that gets much better gas mileage. My rational was that it was "better" to be economical, and oh yeah, the seats in this thing went every which way, so it'd be really easy to haul my dogs and friends around.

So, I've saved $175/month for the last year. I've also hated each and every time I've gotten behind the wheel for the last year.

Those "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" stickers really make a lot of sense to me now.

I have a '10 Rubi on order, and will be trading happily trading my toaster in (and paying an extra $200/month more in the "vehicle" part of my budget) in about two weeks.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy
how the hell did you pull that off
Told them what i would pay, and what they needed to give me for my trade. They said they couldn't do it, i politely said if you do. Call me. They called an hour later, I had my financing lined up. Handed them my keys, and they took over the rest. They paid me another $2500 for my truck than I owed to make the deal. Knocked the price down and I rolled away with it the next day.

Sticker was $32k, 'internet price' was $28k or so, I worked on it from there. Salesmen hate to have the ball left in "their court". I wasn't down for playing numbers games, I stated the figure I would pay 'today'. They said no, so I left the ball in their court to play with.

Had it since May and down to $17k left to own it. Not too shy on telling how much I have left on it, I think I'm doin alright for 22. They did say I could trade my 'Cuda in straight up for the Rubi. But i passed.

Weekend I bought it

Now

'Cuda for reference

Quick Reply: how do you guys afford it?