Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How accurate is the inventory search?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blacklock
I thought that I would never use sat. radio either but now that I have it I can not drive with out it. I love it and hate regular radio now. If I am in a car with out sat. radio I listen to cd's

I don't have a very long commute to work, so I rarely even bother turning on the radio on the way to/from work.

Then when we are taking a longer trip, I was already getting the iPod interface added in, so would have an iPod along, with literally anything I would want to listen to on it already, and what wasn't, there would be the 6 disk changer too.

So I just didn't see where I would use satellite radio enough to warrant a monthly service.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Area-51
I was already getting the iPod interface added in, so would have an iPod along, with literally anything I would want to listen to on it already, and what wasn't, there would be the 6 disk changer too.

So I just didn't see where I would use satellite radio enough to warrant a monthly service.
Not to mention that the 6-disc changer reads DVD-r discs that hold up to 4.6 gigabytes-- 9 gigs if you use dual layered discs-- of .mp3 each. So, technically, you could store up to 54 gigabytes of music right there in your head unit
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doojer
Not to mention that the 6-disc changer reads DVD-r discs that hold up to 4.6 gigabytes-- 9 gigs if you use dual layered discs-- of .mp3 each. So, technically, you could store up to 54 gigabytes of music right there in your head unit
I think I read something about it only being able to read a max of 255 songs / DVD. Still, 1500 songs is pretty good. You can always pop in a new DVD if you get bored with those 1500.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
I did a search to see if anything has changed as far as availability anywhere near me.

According to a 250 mile search of 5-star dealers there is nothing to be found. How accurate is the information on Jeep's page?

Beel
It looks like this dealership has one Rubicon that appears to be either green or kahki:

John Elway Chrysler Jeep West
16300 WEST COLFAX AVENUE
GOLDEN, CO 80401
Phone: (303) 278-0101

2007 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4-DOOR 4X4
Eng/Trans: 3.8-L V6 SMPI / 6-Spd Manual
VIN: 1J4GA69137L132795
Stock Number: Not Available

No too much further from Bozeman than other places you looked...

Last edited by Jeephrog; 12-07-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

The search feature is run off our DealerConnect Inventory and is only as accurate as the dealer's reporting efforts. When we sell a new car we are supposed to input the NVDR (New Vehicle Delivery Report) into the DealerConnect system. That tells the factory that the vehicle is sold, who it is sold to, what rebates they got, and what extended warranty they got, if any. Some dealers do this daily, which means their inventory on the 5-Star site will be very up to date. Some dealers only do this 1 time a week, which would equal a messed up inventory on the 5 Star site.

Quick Reply: How accurate is the inventory search?