Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How "accurate" is the info from the idiots at the 1-800 number

Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How "accurate" is the info from the idiots at the 1-800 number

According to them, I am ONCE AGAIN BACK IN BG STATUS!!!

And telling me there is A PROBLEM WITH MY ORDER AND I NEED TO CONTACT THE DEALER TO CORRECT THE ERROR!!!

I am sorry, but how the freak can you be in BX status, get moved back to BG, then back to BX, and then once again back to BG....and the reason is that there is "an error" with the order?

How the heck did it make it to BX status not, once, but TWICE if there is something amiss with the order?

I am just about to the point of saying that maybe I don't want to own a Jeep this bad.

9 weeks, and being told there is something "wrong with my order...contact the dealer"...how inept can a company be if it takes them 9+ weeks to figure out that something with the order is wrong?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default in the same boat

Just so you know, you are not alone. I have been BG, BX, BG, and now BX again. Now I am afraid to call and find out if I have been bumped back too.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Area-51
According to them, I am ONCE AGAIN BACK IN BG STATUS!!!

And telling me there is A PROBLEM WITH MY ORDER AND I NEED TO CONTACT THE DEALER TO CORRECT THE ERROR!!!

I am sorry, but how the freak can you be in BX status, get moved back to BG, then back to BX, and then once again back to BG....and the reason is that there is "an error" with the order?

How the heck did it make it to BX status not, once, but TWICE if there is something amiss with the order?

I am just about to the point of saying that maybe I don't want to own a Jeep this bad.

9 weeks, and being told there is something "wrong with my order...contact the dealer"...how inept can a company be if it takes them 9+ weeks to figure out that something with the order is wrong?
I think the problem they are reffering to is not actually a problem with the order but still a shortage in hard tops and sway bar discos. This has happened to me with my rubicon order and now with sahara. with the rubi it was the sway bar and hard tops and with sahara its the hard top. If you call your dealer he will most likely tell u the same thing if they stay on top of those things.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cadually
I think the problem they are reffering to is not actually a problem with the order but still a shortage in hard tops and sway bar discos. This has happened to me with my rubicon order and now with sahara. with the rubi it was the sway bar and hard tops and with sahara its the hard top. If you call your dealer he will most likely tell u the same thing if they stay on top of those things.
I would not have an issue with that if the order was staying in BG status...a shortage is a shortage. But for it to move from BG to BX, back to BG, then back again to BX, and now according to them back to BG...that is just plain screwed up. Why move it from BG to BX if there is still a shortage of parts? It would make more sense to leave it in BG if that was the case.

Into the 220-230 of the closest 500 dealers looking at inventory again...
Old 12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Area-51
I would not have an issue with that if the order was staying in BG status...a shortage is a shortage. But for it to move from BG to BX, back to BG, then back again to BX, and now according to them back to BG...that is just plain screwed up. Why move it from BG to BX if there is still a shortage of parts? It would make more sense to leave it in BG if that was the case.

Into the 220-230 of the closest 500 dealers looking at inventory again...
Sorry for your dilema...........It's worth the waite thou, this is the best vehical I have ever owned. But I would be pissed to.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

I would be happy if i was you, you are going to get a jeep with all the bugs worked out that I deal with. Missing paint, lights, bolts, and so on that everyone has been dealing with.

Or you could get a rush job from dcx

Quick Reply: How "accurate" is the info from the idiots at the 1-800 number