Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Hot Coded" order

Old 05-02-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Hot Coded" order

My salesman told me today that they have called the Chrysler Allocation Department and have hot coded my order to try to get it picked up for this next build allocation.

Is there really such a thing as "hot coding" an order? Or he just b.s.-ing me?

I'm --> <--- this close to bagging my order (and giving up on half-doors) to pick up a Rubi locally with most of the other specs I want.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer had his rep "red flag" my order and, apparently, my JK is the only one that has been built from all the orders my dealer placed for JK's. So, it has worked for me, but I don't have half doors or a rubi. That could make a difference.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD
My order was "scheduled to be built" about 5 different times and it didn't actually happen until the DC rep made a phone call and **bam** it was built the next day.

So, it worked for me!
Mine not so much. I got the call yesterday that my order wasn't picked up for the next build cycle, so I wouldn't be getting a 2007.

Screw that. I cancelled my order and picked up a black Sahara locally today. Drove it home shortly after lunch. Wish I had done that 3 months ago.

Maybe I'll trade up to the Rubicon in a couple years ... or maybe I'll be so in love with my built-out Sahara by then that you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Quick Reply: "Hot Coded" order