Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horrible timing!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible timing!!!

So my 2012 JKU that I ordered should be arriving this week. I'll be on vacation as will the salesman that sold it to me. I was checking out the dealership website today and noticed my jeep was listed and said in transit. I called them up and said "Hey, my jeep is on your website. People are going to think it's for sale!" The response "It is for sale."

I'm flipping out now. I paid a deposit and it was ordered for me! I have all the paperwork and print outs. I told the salesman that's filling in that when it gets off the truck, it's to be set aside and not put on the lot. I don't want anyone messing with it, test driving it, romping on it, etc. "We'll see what we can do."

This is the first 2012 Wrangler that will hit their lot and my concern is that the salesmen and customers alike will want to get in it, mess with it and drive it. Now I can't be there when it arrives to ensure it remains unmolested!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Talk to the sales manager... or the original salesman
Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It should be showing up as a sold order and they definately should not let people inside it or test driving it. The sales manager should be able to assure that is the case if you call. I was out of town when mine arrived and they hid it in the back and didn't let anyone in it or drive it until I picked it up.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK08JK
Talk to the sales manager... or the original salesman

Original salesman is also on vacation. Sales Manager is one of the guys at the dealership that I do worry about.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it shows up with anything off in the interior or more than. .2 miles tell them to shove it up their A$$ or give you a better price. if they knock a grand off of it because of thier stupidity thats 1k towards your mods
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
If it shows up with anything off in the interior or more than. .2 miles tell them to shove it up their A$$ or give you a better price. if they knock a grand off of it because of thier stupidity thats 1k towards your mods
x2 on this .... they need to respect an order, if you placed a deposit and signed on a price that IS a contract!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's hard to say, but I think they will honor your sold order. Mine said on the sticker that the vehicle was built for me by name. Not that this would keep someone else from buying it, but it would be very unprofessional if you hadn't turned it back over to them. Mine was also on the dealer inventory, but was there waiting for me when I showed up with 8 miles on the odometer. It had made so many trips back and forth to Nitro Creek Yard, Ottowa South, and the Ramp (whatever that it) that I was sure it would have 100 miles on the clock when it showed up.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

I'd also ask that they not "prep" the jeep, ie the plastic coverings everywhere. You can "prep" it yourself and this will guarantee other people aren't in it.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same situation....mine was the first 2012 to arrive in Ontario and was listed on the stealers website as arriving soon....I phoned and freaked out. I figured everyone would be jumpin in for a test drive with the new motor!....when I got there it was parked hidden in the back and hadn't been touched....salesman said putting a 2012 out for public view makes it hard to move 11s
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

I had similar thing happen a few years back to a Jeep I bought, financed and paid for, when it arrived another sales guy ignored the order and sold it before I could get there to pick it up. It took a couple of weeks to find a replacement with the options I wanted but it was also loaded with way more options than before and my sales rep told me to enjoy them, he didn't want to mess with the paperwork to remove them and knew I didn't want to pay for them. I waited a couple of extra weeks, but it turned out to be well worth it!

Quick Reply: Horrible timing!!!