Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horrible experience!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2012, 02:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible experience!!!!!!!

Ok so here it goes.

Me and my dad went to a dealership yesterday so I could look at buying a 2012 Flame Red JK Sport. The Jeep had 17" Jeep rims and 32" BFG Mud Terrains on it, sticker price said $23,740. I took a pic of the sticker and checked it with the online price and everything matched. Went back yesterday afternoon, took it for a test drive and we felt a vibration. Figured it was from the bigger BFG muds on it just needing to be worn in. Went back to the dealership and started to sit down and talk numbers and all. The owner came over and talked to us while they were looking at my truck as I was planning on trading it in. They give a estimate on what my monthly payments would be and are about to get into the paperwork when the owner who was about to leave walks back in and says "Hey are those wheels and tires included in the price on that Jeep? I dont think they are we need to add another 2k to the price on it". Me and my dad argued the fact the Jeep had been sitting on the lot with that sticker price for over a week (the salesman said it had been there longer) and the jeep was listed for that price online. They walked outside to see if the tired on it were the same tires they had listed on the window sticker. They came back and said they would not come off the 2k for the wheels and tires (after we have already been given an estimate on monthly payments!!) By this time me and my dad we not very happy to say the least. Then to make it worse, when they came back in and told us that "vibration" we felt on the test drive wasnt from the tires...it was because when they put the bigger tires and rims on the Jeep they didnt tighten the lug nuts on all the way!!!!! We lost a few lugs on the test drive and we only had 2 left on the Jeep when we got back one of which was very loose! So after hearing this I thought they should come off the 2k for the wheels and tires seeing how they made a huge mistake with the sticker and almost serously hurting or killing me and my dad (oh yeah and the salesman). But they would not budge so we got up and left. I now really understand why I see them called "Stealerships" on here all the time.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WoW There are plenty of other 2012's out there. I'm sure thast you can find another.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sucks man.

This is why as I am excited to buy a new vehicle I'm not excited to deal with a dealership and vultures...errr...car salesmen.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Run do not walk from that dealer and find another. That method is wrong and probably illegal too. I too got a sport jeep with the BFG's on it and only paid 750 additional for the rims and tires. You figgure the tires are $250.00 apeice and rims are 500.00 on the forum. I would not pay more than 1k additional for these rims and tires. not to mention if they can't change a set of tires properly you don't need to give them any of your business.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:55 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah I would definitely tell the owner to go F himself.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hell, spread the word. Dealers pulling shit like that don't need to screw over anyone on here.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

As soon as we left we drove to another Jeep dealership right down the road. Told them what they did to us and they were in shock. They even told us since that dealership has been open (since mid December) they have heard horror stories about them since. So im going back to the other dealership tonight. If I end up getting one I just might drive back to the other dealership and give the owner his business card back and give him the other dealerships card and tell him to call them for lessons on how to treat people.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Find another dealer.. that transaction wasn't meant to be...

I had a similar experience, without the loose lug nuts. The dealerships will tell you anything to have you sign a deal with them. In my experience, many of them, sales people on up to the owners, are totally fine with lying and bait & switch. Putting something in writing means nothing to them and they always give themself a loop-hole through which they later rape you (financially) or bail on a deal they decide they don't like.

I had one dealer, Security Dodge in Amityville NY, go as far as sign a deal and set a delivery date (they actually pushed me to a delivery date earlier than I wanted), then take multiple steps to get out of the deal.. First they claimed the wheels they promised in the deal wouldn't fit...so I showed them pics of the truck with the wheels on and an email from the wheel vendor confirming they would. Then they wanted to revise the finance deal asking me for more money down.. okay, not a big deal, I agreed. Finally, they wanted me to sign a waiver of warranty coverage on the brakes because of they claimed 15" wheels didn't leave enough room for brake cooling... The real story was, the sales manager agreed to a deal that was too rich for me and too lean for them, so they just wanted out of the deal.

This dealership is so much of a circus side show act that in the middle of a busy Saturday, the sales manager (who I believe is the son of the owner) stood up on the sales floor and screamed.. "LET'S SELL SOME F'NG CARS HERE! I WANT TO SELL SOME CARS!"

I ended up at another dealership with a better deal and pass by Security Dodge everyday, wearing the wheels they said wouldn't fit. If I see anyone looking at Jeeps at this location I stop and share the experience.

Many dealerships will do and say absolutely anything regardless of whether there is a stitch of truth in it. So find another dealer that isn't going to treat you like a fool.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

x2 find another dealer. Since theyr'e always trying to undercut their competition you just need to go in and tell 'em what went down. That said, they all seem to be sleazy pieces of crap.

Any dealer/members out there willing to dispute that (and your industry's reputation)??
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

A: i would seek out a new place to get a jeep. B: if that's the only place in town and you cant go else were give them a month they have your number and the WILL call you back. probable get it for less.

Quick Reply: Horrible experience!!!!!!!