Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hornblaster Train Horns - anyone have one?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ER NURSE 407
Make a short youtube vid of your horns
X2 please. I would love to see those in action. Is it as loud as an ambulance/firetruck or train
Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had there setup in my old ram. I loved it! They were LOUD! I had the three chrome train horns that are mounted to a plate and have the air valve on it. I ran a larger tank which made them louder longer.
I'd hit em going under an overpass and it sounded like an amtrack train going by. Scared lots of pedestrians with them! It was a fun time In my life.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice

X2 please. I would love to see those in action. Is it as loud as an ambulance/firetruck or train
I'm thinking about getting some too
Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice
Great idea!! I'll for sure do it today, if not during lunch tonight when I get home. I'll post it up here later today
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

These are some of the funnest mods you can add to any vehicle I've seen them on cars truck big trucks everything! I had them on my Z71 an when your having a bad day or if someone pissed you off you can just ride around for a minute an BLAST somebody. Doesn't get much funner than watching the slow people in Wal Mart parking lot drop there groceries when your behind them an blast off!!!!!!!!! MUST HAVE ANOTHER SET
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

id be worried about getting water and mud in those horns tho, ive already broken my stock horn from water, if i could find a safe place to put them id definatly get them
Old 04-02-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I mounted mine behind the fan/fan shroud right in front of engine.

Attachment 298629
Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 09GRNJK
I mounted mine behind the fan/fan shroud right in front of engine.

Attachment 298629
Like the idea on how you mounted the horns, but where did you put your tank and compressor? I'm somewhat handy with this sorta stuff, but my skills are in other areas of the jeep, not necessarilly hooking up a air tank with a compressor and horns and toggle switches.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Like the idea on how you mounted the horns, but where did you put your tank and compressor? I'm somewhat handy with this sorta stuff, but my skills are in other areas of the jeep, not necessarilly hooking up a air tank with a compressor and horns and toggle switches.
Don't have pictures but, the compressor is above the rear axle mounted to the tub. The tank is located on the crash bar behind the front bumper, for now. I plan to move it once I get my BFH. Most likely will use RiverRaider AirTank Evap Skid.

There are several other spots for mounting compressors on the JK, the most popular is next to the master cylinder, but that is where my ARB compressor is for soon to come lockers. Or some people have put them in the passenger taillight housings...
Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 09GRNJK
Don't have pictures but, the compressor is above the rear axle mounted to the tub. The tank is located on the crash bar behind the front bumper, for now. I plan to move it once I get my BFH. Most likely will use RiverRaider AirTank Evap Skid.

There are several other spots for mounting compressors on the JK, the most popular is next to the master cylinder, but that is where my ARB compressor is for soon to come lockers. Or some people have put them in the passenger taillight housings...
Now, stupid question.... With the tank in one location, the compressor in another, and the horns in yet another....is there enough wire/hose to accomodate multiple locations? Plus, I'm not sure if I heard right but if you mount the compressor under the tub, won't it get all the debris from the road and stuff and eventually seize the compressor?

Quick Reply: Hornblaster Train Horns - anyone have one?