Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horn trouble.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn trouble.

The strangest thing is going on with my new Jeep. I have a 2014 X with 6500 miles. Last week after taking my wife to work in -35' temp I got home proceeded to get out of the Jeep and static electricity snapped from my hand and hit my horn. The horn blasted for one minute then shut off. Now every time I open a door on the Jeep, the horn will blast for aprox. 30 seconds. Has anyone had this happen to them. Thanks..
Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off...why do you live where it gets down to -35. I like cold but that's nuts!!

Personally, I'd take this back to the dealer and have them look at it under warranty. I like to do as much work myself as possible but if you still have warranty then that work is free.

And you don't have to be out in that weather trying to fix something.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same problem. Don't remember a shock or anything but when I got to work one night I noticed the controls on my steering wheel weren't working. Figured I would call the dealership in the morning. When I left work at 7am I opened my door and the horn sounded for 30secs and then turned off. When I got home I opened my door and the same thing. So I brought it to the dealership (2013 2dr Sport by the way). They checked the clock spring and all these other things and finally figured it was in my instrument panel. I had no idea so they fixed the problem and went home. 2 days later the steering wheel controls weren't working again. Luckily the horn was quiet. The horn wouldn't work though when pressed. So I brought it back to the dealership. They ordered a part. Forget the name as the guy was talking a whole bunch of stuff why I didn't work the first time. I leave the jeep there and come back to pick it up after I sleep for a few hours. (The joy of 11pm-7am shift). I show up and the jeep still isn't fixed. The new part didn't work and they think now it has something to do with the fuse box. Service manager said they had called Chysler and they had no idea what was happening with it and couldn't help.
Sorry for rambling but that's my story of my horn. Hopefully it'll be fixed when the new part comes in. Going to see what sort of compensation I can get out of Chrysler for all this running around. I'm not holding my breath though.

Quick Reply: Horn trouble.