Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: AEV, PSC, or leav it alone???
AEV Heat Reduction Hood
57.14%
PSC Hood Louvers
42.86%
Leave it alone
0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Hood Decision

Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dralphy
If $$ isn't a concern, I'd go with the AEV. Otherwise, the hood louvers look just as good!
About $1000 difference. I could do a lot with the savings of going with the PSC Louvers. For anybody that has it on theirs, does it look clean and professional in person?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LLCOOLBEN

About $1000 difference. I could do a lot with the savings of going with the PSC Louvers. For anybody that has it on theirs, does it look clean and professional in person?
As long as you don't f@$& up the install, looks very clean. The template PSC provides is great and there's some wiggle room so if your cut lines aren't perfectly straight, there's no worries. The stainless hardware looks great too.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by afpilot82
As long as you don't f@$& up the install, looks very clean. The template PSC provides is great and there's some wiggle room so if your cut lines aren't perfectly straight, there's no worries. The stainless hardware looks great too.
Nice! Thanks again! The more I look at the Hood Louvers, the more I am thinking of going that route. Now order it powdercoated black or paint it myself or bedline?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

The hood louvers look like an after thought cheese grater. I would do the AEV hood. they look bad ass. I saw a pick of a guy that installed the hood louvers and you could clearly see a "lip" or gap were the louvers did not make complete contact with the hood. looked really bad...in the not cool since of the word.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper
The hood louvers look like an after thought cheese grater. I would do the AEV hood. they look bad ass. I saw a pick of a guy that installed the hood louvers and you could clearly see a "lip" or gap were the louvers did not make complete contact with the hood. looked really bad...in the not cool since of the word.
Cheese grater huh? That's funny
The lip or gap is the only thing I am worried about, other than that, I really like it and if I need cheese grated I know where to go.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going with psc hood louvre, penny saved is a penny earned.....
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LLCOOLBEN
Cheese grater huh? That's funny
The lip or gap is the only thing I am worried about, other than that, I really like it and if I need cheese grated I know where to go.
Heh. Yeah. i didn't come up with the cheese grater term someone else did on the PSC Facebook page, but it does look like a cheese grater though. Picture this...your out on the trail and you start getting hungry. You are are watching your weight so you think, hey i could have a salad only i don't have a cheese grater for my cheese, and at that moment you look at your hood and the light bulb comes on....CHEESE GRATER
Old 05-28-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think both look good, so it would be a money issue for me. Also see where you are overseas (with military?) and getting something as large as a hood over there is PITA. Have to go through commericial carrier and get all kinds of paperwork to keep from paying customs. Whatever you get you might want check and see how well they package so it doesn't get damaged on the way over.
I like the way the AEV looks, but with the PSC it looks like you keep the windshield bumpers and tiedowns.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper
Heh. Yeah. i didn't come up with the cheese grater term someone else did on the PSC Facebook page, but it does look like a cheese grater though. Picture this...your out on the trail and you start getting hungry. You are are watching your weight so you think, hey i could have a salad only i don't have a cheese grater for my cheese, and at that moment you look at your hood and the light bulb comes on....CHEESE GRATER
How did you know I was watching my weight and eating more salads lately???
Old 05-28-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by XSapper
I think both look good, so it would be a money issue for me. Also see where you are overseas (with military?) and getting something as large as a hood over there is PITA. Have to go through commericial carrier and get all kinds of paperwork to keep from paying customs. Whatever you get you might want check and see how well they package so it doesn't get damaged on the way over.
I like the way the AEV looks, but with the PSC it looks like you keep the windshield bumpers and tiedowns.
The money thing is an issue for me as well as the shipping over here. I think the military likes to trash everything when they take it over from postal. If the AEV was about $500 cheaper it would be on my Jeep already as well as everyone else too I'm sure. Thanks for everybody's input.

Quick Reply: Hood Decision