Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Holy crap....50 bucks for 6 nuts!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmpmacchia
That is freaking stupid! What a pile of shit!

Are those Quick to t bolts $17.95 each!!!!! Thats just as stupid unless i read IT wrong!
From the site:

The kit includes 6 new fasteners to replace the Freedom Top Torx bolts along the bed rail and two stainless Allen-head bolts to optionally replace the hidden bolts under the freedom panels.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hardtop is held down by 6 black torx screws that are supposed to screw into the 6 floating nuts that are attached to the jeep bed rails.

The kit: comes with 8 thumbscrews and 8 nuts and washers. the reason that they give you replacement nuts is probably that they went away from metric screws, in particular, went away from the buttonhead torx screws. I'm sure they are using socket head cap screws because the thumb handles will press fit onto them as they are designed to. So they probably decided to go with standard american thread, probably 5/16-18 thread.

and I'm sure you get all of them for that price, not just one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310079873144

Quick Reply: Holy crap....50 bucks for 6 nuts!