Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

hinge problem

Old 04-25-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Yup, pick up the paint chips when you lose them, take them back to the dealer and they will happily exchange them for new paint chips.
Or in your case happy, you'll just eat them..............
Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the dealership manager is going to stop by my house tomorrow to take a look see...I will keep you posted!!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should be covered by warranty. So far, no problem with my JK but every time I get some chips, small scrapes on my Jeep (only a couple of times with my TJ and KJ), I bring them to my dealer. They always fix chips/small scrapes for free... they even said it "that's what warranty is for". As long as it does not look like you caused the damage on paint (like obviously you went to off-road and hit something and got scratched etc.) and/or major paint damage with dent on it, it should be covered.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well the dealership service manager stopped by to see the Jeep..he says they will fix it...he took pictures... so I am very happy...I will try and post a few pic's later-- its more than a rock chip...the paint is coming off...but hey looks like it iwll end well!!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with my door hinges and my hood hinges! I have the redrock color and it really shows up! Has anyone else seen the crase on the body colored fenders? Mine is a month old and already is having the crease come through the paint!!!!

Quick Reply: hinge problem