Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

HHO conversion kt...

Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HHO conversion kt...

Just found one other thread on this topic and it wasn't really discussed thoroughly, just came across this and was wondering if it was legit or not. Has anyone done this? Is there anything else like this that we can safely do to improve mpg. If you're not familiar with it just google it. Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snake oil.

If you cannot afford the fuel for your vehicle, you're driving the wrong one...thats all there is to it.

However if you're desperate I can sell you some special magnents that attach to the fuel lines and ionize the gasoline, or perhaps a small piece of twisted metal for your intake that will create a vortex of air and increase power and fuel economy. I also have a bridge for sale. PM Me.

Seriously though there are only a few things you can do to help MPG without hurting something else. Keep your tires properly inflated, don't cart about a bunch of stuff you don't need, and don't drive like an asshole. Why anyone would believe car manufacturers RnD departments, who have millions of dollars at their disposal, had missed something that some yokel came up with in his garage, they deserve to have their money taken. (see: Barnum, PT). But I guess when someone wants to believe its hard to change their minds (see also: religion, cults, kennedy assasination, roswell)

Last edited by Repo503; 08-12-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by orp967
Just found one other thread on this topic and it wasn't really discussed thoroughly........
Well, there wasn't really anything legitimate to be discussed. It's a kit sold by snake oil salesmen.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I figured that but my main point was that with all the "genius" on here there's got to be a solution for the poor gas mileage besides the usual (driving habits, extra weight etc.). As for not being able to afford the fuel comment, I have a good job and good salary but doesn't mean I'm happy to throw money away on gas or anything for that matter. I love my Jeep and I understand that it's not going to get 50mpg anytime soon but I think 10-12 mpg is ridiculous even by Jeep standards.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by orp967
I figured that but my main point was that with all the "genius" on here there's got to be a solution for the poor gas mileage besides the usual (driving habits, extra weight etc.). As for not being able to afford the fuel comment, I have a good job and good salary but doesn't mean I'm happy to throw money away on gas or anything for that matter. I love my Jeep and I understand that it's not going to get 50mpg anytime soon but I think 10-12 mpg is ridiculous even by Jeep standards.
Looks like you have been a forum member for over two years and you are seriously going to ask about gas economy improvements/fixes???? All the "genius", as you put it, have already figured out what can be done for any small improvements in mileage increases. Why did you buy a jeep if you wanted great mileage? My advice, sell your jeep. Jeeps aren't about great mileage, they are about great times, great experiences, and epic adventures.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Looks like you have been a forum member for over two years and you are seriously going to ask about gas economy improvements/fixes???? All the "genius", as you put it, have already figured out what can be done for any small improvements in mileage increases. Why did you buy a jeep if you wanted great mileage? My advice, sell your jeep. Jeeps aren't about great mileage, they are about great times, great experiences, and epic adventures.
X2, mileage is pretty much gonna suck, especially when your modded. Get used to it.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Lui
JK Enthusiast

Jeeps these days are computer monitored and controlled. You're just gonna anger your sensors and timing by screwing with it.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look there's no other vehicle like a Jeep. My Jeep (especially the way I have mine modded) gives me about 90% of what I look for in a vehicle, the only "hiccup" if you will is the poor gas mileage so your comment about selling my Jeep is a ridiculous. I come here to the forum to exchange information and get advise from experts not to be bashed by the hypocritical true Jeep owner posers who feel the need to defend their Jeep ownership by making negative comments on other peoples post blah blah blah... look if you're not on here to positively exchange information and or advise, the forum can do just fine without you guys.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

What mods do you have to get 12mpg? On 35s with a lot of weight my 2dr nets 17-18mpg.

The only "mod" that I have seen change mpg is a regear. Over 75000 miles one might see a return on it.

Quick Reply: HHO conversion kt...