Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hey JK Forum - Thanks!!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Hey JK Forum - Thanks!!

Hi All, I'm sending this for two reasons:
1. To tell every new Jeep owner who is thinking about installing their own TF BB lift - "don't be afraid, you can do it!".

2. To thank everyone who responded to my lift kit questions over the past 2 weeks and especially to my urgent request yesterday while I was in the middle of the install. see the thread entitled 'Urgent' from Sep 26.

Those on the fence thinking about doing a lift on their own who consider themselves capable but inexperienced mechanics should just spend the few extra days reviewing this forum and learning some tricks, concerns, expectations, etc for installing the lift. Also, and with the aid of this Forum, you should feel confident that you can pull it off.

I just test drove my 2007 JK Unlimited 4dr Sahara with my personally installed Teraflex 2.5 inch BB, Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers and new Skyjacker Hydro shocks and everything is absolutely fine. I was lucky in that I didn't even need to center my steering wheel, my front axle is still centered and alignment feels good

I only hit two snags (one more major than the other):
1. First snag was answered by the forum when I couldn't lower my front axle enough to get the coil springs back in. Again, check the thread entitled "urgent" for tips.
2. The rear track bar extension bracket holes did not align with the factory frame bracket. I had to spend some time boring out the holes so I could align the bolt. After some time I got it all in.

Signed "a very satisfied newbie"
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy for you

I do a lot of things on my Jeep, but honestly, I paid a technician to install my 2.5" lift kit, and I will do it again in December with my new 4" lift kit.

The reason: I'm afraid that my 4200 lbs Jeep falls on me!
(Can I ask you not to laugh?)
Old 09-27-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Good God man! PICTURES! PICTURES!

Thinking of going with the same set-up. Please give us a review after a while. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
I'm very happy for you

I do a lot of things on my Jeep, but honestly, I paid a technician to install my 2.5" lift kit, and I will do it again in December with my new 4" lift kit.

The reason: I'm afraid that my 4200 lbs Jeep falls on me!
(Can I ask you not to laugh?)
It is always better to be safe than sorry. Don't do something that you don't feel comfortable. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

Good to hear. Sometime I'll be doing this or the coil lift so thanks for the info!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 PM
JK Freak

How about some pictures?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was apprehensive at first about working on the jeep, but I am really glad I did. I feel like I bonded with my jeep and now have a deeper sense of pride in ownership. Plus, it is a comfort to know that I gained some practical mechanical skills.