Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

HEMI Jeep DOA - Camp, I have tried you many times

Old 09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEMI Jeep DOA - Camp, I have tried you many times

Let me start by saying that Camp built my Jeep in December of 09. I had a few problems with it, namely the power steering (blew two hoses in a row) and the air conditioning which was dumped and re-charged due to too much air in the system. Since then my Jp has been running very warm during the summer heat. The problem has not been fixed.

Last Sunday, went to breakfast and came home to start on a couple of errands. This was the last time the Jp started. In the afternoon, I started to work on it to try and diagnose what the problem was with the no-start. Went thru the usual stuff, checked the battery, connections, all the fuses, battery cables, battery in the key fob, checked all connections to fuse block, CANBUS connectors, PCM connectors, etc. Still nothing.

Monday and Tuesday was more of the same and calling everyone and anyone I could think of for this problem. At night I would research the problems on the Net and tried a few things that I ran across from the different forums. Nothing worked. Wednesday I decided to take it in to the Jeep dealer late in the day but they said that they would only park it in their secure lot. The Jp got flat-bedded in on Thursday. Later that day, the SA gave me a call to give me an update. He told me that the starter was defective but that there were many other problems but mainly with the PCM communicating with all of the other module interfaces. The SA told me that he would have a better idea of the problem on Friday.

I just got the call on the update for today. The SA explained to me that the PCM was no longer communicating properly with all of the system interfaces and modules and what was complicating this was that the modules were still only recognizing the 3.8 motor. He was able to start the vehicle by going direct to the starter. He finished by telling me that it might be a good idea to re-flash the PCM (by Burnsville) to make sure that the communication was starting off properly. That is where I am at. Camp, where are you????????????????????????????????????????????

Needless to say, I am not happy with customer service from COP 4X4 so far. Convince me that I am wrong. Please call ASAP. All other forum members, please chime in with any other suggestions or leads as to what this gremlin might be.

Quick Reply: HEMI Jeep DOA - Camp, I have tried you many times