Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help with Whistling noise

Old 04-23-2024 | 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Help with Whistling noise

Just recently my Jeep started making a loud whistling noise. Usually starts at 55mph and stops after 65mph. Whistle comes and goes at those speeds. I cannot find the cause, but it definitely sounds like it’s coming from the outside front area. Has anyone else ever experienced this aggravation before? I’m attaching a video. I appreciate any feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1588.mov (9.89 MB, 7 views)
Old 04-23-2024 | 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Welcome to the Forum. Your rig is still Stock? - is that the stock Hood? Only occurs in that 10mph range= very strange; I have no ideas.
Old 04-24-2024 | 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

The hood is not stock, but I’ve had it for the past 7 years. Here is a view of the front of my Jeep. Ive had everything you see for the past 5 years. I appreciate your response. This noise can drive you crazy.
Old Today | 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TimV
The hood is not stock, but I’ve had it for the past 7 years. Here is a view of the front of my Jeep. Ive had everything you see for the past 5 years. I appreciate your response. This noise can drive you crazy.
I just ran my jeep through a wash bay and now mine whistles just the same as you are describing. It starts at 30-45mph then it will stop until i reach 65+mph
Old Today | 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2013 Wrangler
I just ran my jeep through a wash bay and now mine whistles just the same as you are describing. It starts at 30-45mph then it will stop until i reach 65+mph
I found my issue. It was the light bar, it was loose. Tightened it up and haven’t heard anything since.

Quick Reply: Help with Whistling noise