Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help Northridge to ship into EU !

Old 01-19-2009, 11:15 PM
wgr
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Sponsors to ship into EU !

Just got e-mail response from one of our great JK-forum sponsors that he is willing to ship things to me to EU / Finland, so as to save money and give him some help i would like to know if anyone in this forum has any experience with shipping things overseas and could give some hints and advice.
I mean has anyone sent things to Europe by ship and how long it took and was it a cost alternative economical way to do it or should i just go airfreight.
I am able to wait even weeks if shipping costs are reduced by significant amount.
Or do we have people in this forum who are working for some companies that can make a good deal with shipping prices.
All this for heavy items such like bumpers, axles etc.

So chime in if you are able to help.

Thanks a lot !

Last edited by wgr; 01-19-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am not sure how much help I can provide you, but here goes. I am stationed in Germany so I do have access to an APO, but for alot of oversize items I have used UPS, FedEx, and DHL. Most of them offer varying services some are the equivelent of USPS space available. In my experience DHL is the best, but also the most expensive, UPS and Fedex arent bad just slow. One of the things you might consider is to have the items shipped via one of the services, but not delivered..i.e. held at the recieving warehouse for you to pick up. I have done that with UPS to save a little money.
Another option would be to find a local buisness that imports from the states, then with there permission and supervision have the item sent to their stateside shipper to be packaged with there next shipment. I personaly havent done this but have seen it done, it is very slow but does work. A friend of mine shipped an engine from the states this way. took about 12 weeks, but only cost him about 300Euro in total for shipping.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 PM
wgr
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ! My deal with our great sponsor is to get D30 inners/outers, C-gussets and some other things costing me just a bit over $ 1000....but shipping via UPS or like would add another 800 to this
making it over $ 1800. Not willing to pay that.
So, if by any chance anyone has any access to lower fare shipping i would be grateful if you could help me to get my shipment to ANY EU country with lower fare. Here in EU i am able to get it shipped to my country for almost nothing as i work for a company that has transports inside of EU with extreme good deals for me.
09Rubicon...pm me if you have a solution, thanks buddy !

Last edited by wgr; 01-20-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Help Northridge to ship into EU !