Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help on New JKU purchase

Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on New JKU purchase

Hey guys,
I am in the market for a 12 JKU . I have already decided that the rubicon was more of a vehicle than I needed and I would be taking suspension parts off for a terraflex 3" Kit anyway. With that being said I decided on a Sport S. I found the white jku i want approx. 3 hours from my home.

This is my first time dealing with dealer or making a New car purchase. I am a very cost effective/deal orientated person and will not be satisfied with making this purchase until I know or am convinced I am doing well. Now I understand dealers have to make money too and cant do things for free. The MSRP on the Jeep I am looking at is $31,720 After Speaking with the dealer twice, they stated they could sell me the vehicle for $30,300 $1,420 Below Sticker. Which Works out to be little over $100 Below Invoice, I know the Dealer has approx $900 in holdback. I do not Qualify for any of the jeep incentives offered. So the Dealer is essentially from what i understand Making a little under $800 dollars on me purchasing the vehicle.

Is there something I am missing here? or any advise anyone can give me on getting them down further? or does it seem like a decent deal to where I should pull the trigger? Thanks in Advance for your help guys.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 AM
JfK
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver
Join Tread Lightly and get 1% under invoice.
Anything around that "area" price wise will be a good buy.
If it's the Jeep you want, don't sweat over a few hundred bucks.
Over the life of the Jeep, you won't even remember it.
This is how I feel about my purchase. I got the supplier's discount, which is the same as Tread Lightly discount. I'm sure I could have got them to drop another 100 bucks if I was willing to waste my time all day and pretend to leave and not care. 1% under invoice is a good deal in itself, and Jeeps are a high volume seller, so really the dealer doesn't care if he sells you the Wrangler. Someone else will buy it within the week.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

not too bad of a price for a sport s. you wont have regrets buying it! and sport is def the way to go if your gonna change up what the rubi comes with
Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We purchased a 2011 Sport. Very hard to haggle. Did not have power windows and did not not want them. Came with 16" wheels with 225's. We are going to replace when we install OME 2" lift. Did get 3.73 gears which I highly recommend. I was shock at how well they hold their value. Sounds like a fair price to me as well.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Does this deal apply if you order one, or does it limited to a Jeep in stock?

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited by redneck ron; 12-29-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Does this deal apply if you order one, or is it limited to a Jeep in stock?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

I really appreciate the input from you guys. Im going to make one more phone call and tell them I will be driving down this evening if they take another 200 bucks off they got a deal. This should be a fun vehicle for me since I am coming out of a Lancer Evolution (rocket car ) . The gf should be happy due to the fact that ill prob let her drive this whenever, since its not capable of mach 3 speeds haha Thanks guys and ill keep you posted on end result
Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

how do you find out the invoice price inorder to get the discount?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redneck ron

Does this deal apply if you order one, or is it limited to a Jeep in stock?

Thanks,
Ron
Used it to order mine. Piece of cake.

Quick Reply: Help on New JKU purchase