Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

HELP me control my vehicle

Old 10-20-2011, 10:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP me control my vehicle

I bought a used 07 jk wrangler X, and up until recently I haven't had any trouble with the steering. I had just lifted my jeep to 4 inches but it is currently awaiting its new 35s. So its still siting on top of its puny stock tires. The problem I've been having recently is a F*** ton of death wobble, and the reason for this death wobble is due to blown steering stabilizers. So far I've gone through 2 in the past month. This past week i took my jeep to be examined and the mechanics said that the ball joints as well as the tie rods are excellent condition. My question is what are your thoughts as to whats causing this issue?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read Here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ng-Stabilizers

And Here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...es-and-Wobbles
Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kahnah
I bought a used 07 jk wrangler X, and up until recently I haven't had any trouble with the steering. I had just lifted my jeep to 4 inches but it is currently awaiting its new 35s. So its still siting on top of its puny stock tires. The problem I've been having recently is a F*** ton of death wobble, and the reason for this death wobble is due to blown steering stabilizers. So far I've gone through 2 in the past month. This past week i took my jeep to be examined and the mechanics said that the ball joints as well as the tie rods are excellent condition. My question is what are your thoughts as to whats causing this issue?

blown steering stabilizer do not cause DW - you have other issues. something is not tightend properly.

Refer to the links jsears posted
Old 10-21-2011, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeeep
blown steering stabilizer do not cause DW - you have other issues. something is not tightend properly.

Refer to the links jsears posted
X2 Most likely trackbar.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

i had the same problem... solved it with an BDS adjustable track bar, of course i got the 35's a week later just in case
Old 10-22-2011, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm going to bring what Ive learned to the mechanics and see if anything is off. But i still have one question that i haven't found the answer to, do you have to change your front or rear track bar from stock when you lift your jeep?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kahnah
Thank you all so much for your help. I'm going to bring what Ive learned to the mechanics and see if anything is off. But i still have one question that i haven't found the answer to, do you have to change your front or rear track bar from stock when you lift your jeep?
Yes with a 4" lift also check your toe out of no where I had DW went trough everthing and saw my toe was off fixed it and have not had an issue since
Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

You may need to pick up some lca's and re-align it also
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by azjeepN
Yes! Not only are frt and rr tires not going to be in line with one another, but Ur track bar is probably no longer parallel with Ur drag link; that also causes DW along w/ loose track bar bolts. If Ur not sure what I'm talking about look at each side of ur frt to rr and u'll see that the rr probably sticks out futher on the passenger side and the frt sticks more on the driver side. What lift did U get? Were their TB brackets?
I bought the Black Diamond lift kit that came with shocks coils rear trackbar bracket and swaybar links that i replaced with disconnects. It didnt however come with a front trackbar or bracket. And to add that after the lift was put on my jeep was alined.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

After a long wait to install the parts i have finally fix the problem! After buying new adjustible track bars for front and rear, i seem to have cured my jeep of death wobble. With that said i would like to thank you all for your help and insight. i have learned a lot and i believe id still be chasing my tail if it wasn't for this Jk community.

So thank you all for everything. and now because of the fix i can now focus on finally puting on some 35s!!!!
So cheers to you

Quick Reply: HELP me control my vehicle