Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help! Dealer ordered wrong option, when I asked them to fix that, they ask for $$$

Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
I have a place in Copperopois. it will get to a point where your upgrades will start them worring unless you gwt a mod friendly dealer. the only one i found in the bay area was south county jeep in gilroy. a long haul from sf.

all my issues came from a dealer in nevada.
I was really hoping to do 0.1% modifications for the first 2 years. This dealer I am currently complaining about was a little funny: first thing I did before driving off was flip the mirror upside down, and when I went back to the dealer for a paint sealer they quickly set it back right side up. I chuckled and left it alone.

GTK about nevada. I dropped by a dealer there, and he wasn't so happy to see my shiny 350-mile old Jeep with its "other dealer" plates. His face was priceless. I quickly decided I didn't want to buy anything there.

My upgrades will be the wheels/tires/awesome trailer and some knick-knacks. I am short and can barely climb into the stock height Rubi - I can only imagine climbing into it with a 2" lift. Well... maybe I'll do good wearing my 6"-heeled Sunday bests.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Riptide
I think it depends on when you ordered it. When I ordered mine on Nov 15th, I had to manually select the 4.10s (ordered the auto), and pay the $75 option. When I've looked at jeep.ca more recently, it defaults to 4.10s automatically.
I ordered mine on Nov 5th. Defaulted to 4.10 on the site.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 PM
JK Jedi

My 4 ft 11 wife jumps in here very easy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	378421_1887733451446_1784743888_1266045_1748678241_a.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	279040  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:57 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pandaO

I was really hoping to do 0.1% modifications for the first 2 years. This dealer I am currently complaining about was a little funny: first thing I did before driving off was flip the mirror upside down, and when I went back to the dealer for a paint sealer they quickly set it back right side up. I chuckled and left it alone.

GTK about nevada. I dropped by a dealer there, and he wasn't so happy to see my shiny 350-mile old Jeep with its "other dealer" plates. His face was priceless. I quickly decided I didn't want to buy anything there.

My upgrades will be the wheels/tires/awesome trailer and some knick-knacks. I am short and can barely climb into the stock height Rubi - I can only imagine climbing into it with a 2" lift. Well... maybe I'll do good wearing my 6"-heeled Sunday bests.
There is a art to hopping in the jeep with heels. My wife I good at it
Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
There is a art to hopping in the jeep with heels. My wife I good at it
...or driving in them.

I've done good on motorcycle in 4.5" too.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

I think the problem you're going to have is that your build sheet doesn't match what you got (standard vs auto). So the dealer could even say that verbally you didn't say 4.10s, and they just took the default.

Good luck, but I think you're going to find yourself SOL.
I have two build sheets. One for 6sp and one for auto. Not sure that will help though...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe the .ca and .com sites were different? I just remembered having to always select the option for 4.10s for the weeks prior to finally going into the dealer to place the order. Sometime in Dec it seemed to change on the .ca site where it defaulted to the 4.10s with the auto.
Well, wouldn't .com update first? Speaking from experience, site/brand owners like to update homebase first. Sometimes they like to update the where-the-olympics-are-this-year first and as-fast-as-possible.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

What dealer did you order from?

From what I understand is that you have 2 order sheets that were faxed/emailed to you have your order by phone. One being your original and one being after you changed the tranny. Did you call jeep explaining the situation and faxing them both order sheets? The dealer should be responsible swapping gears(it should cost them less than 600, wholesale parts and 20 bucks/hr for labor their cost not 100/hr they charge customer retail). Jeep should pressure the dealer!

Last question how did you find out it has 3.73 if its not on the sticker?

I just ordered a white rubi 2 door from McConnell in Healdsburg bout 60 miles north of the gate! Cant wait for it to come in!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pandaO
I ordered mine on Nov 5th. Defaulted to 4.10 on the site.
Maybe the .ca and .com sites were different? I just remembered having to always select the option for 4.10s for the weeks prior to finally going into the dealer to place the order. Sometime in Dec it seemed to change on the .ca site where it defaulted to the 4.10s with the auto.
Rip ... Panda is correct. I've built a 2012 Rubi several times over the past 4-5 months and the U.S. site did default to 4.10s when you ordered the Max Tow Package. Initially it would load 3.73s when you selected 5-speed auto trans and then would change to 4.10s after selecting the Max Tow option...

I posted about this issue before, the Jeep Web site can't be trusted for ordering.

The issue... he should have received the 4.10s with the Max Tow Package, PERIOD. Typically changing the gear ratio impacts the tow rating on most vehicles. The Jeep specs are all hosed up just like their Web site.

I would fight them all the way to small claims court...

Old 02-16-2012, 10:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by richtor
What dealer did you order from?

From what I understand is that you have 2 order sheets that were faxed/emailed to you have your order by phone. One being your original and one being after you changed the tranny. Did you call jeep explaining the situation and faxing them both order sheets? The dealer should be responsible swapping gears(it should cost them less than 600, wholesale parts and 20 bucks/hr for labor their cost not 100/hr they charge customer retail). Jeep should pressure the dealer!

Last question how did you find out it has 3.73 if its not on the sticker?

I just ordered a white rubi 2 door from McConnell in Healdsburg bout 60 miles north of the gate! Cant wait for it to come in!
I didn't want to call Jeep yet - it would look bad for the dealer and I didn't want to hurt dealer's rep with the company.

I had some doubts after my first trip to Tahoe. Then it showed up in the options on owners.jeep.com. Then I called dealer to double check. Then I raised the issue.

From here: http://www.hilltopchryslerjeepdodge.com/index.htm

Last edited by pandaO; 02-16-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! Dealer ordered wrong option, when I asked them to fix that, they ask for $$$