Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hello Bulldog Fab. Where are you?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same Boat
Rear stubby bumper
Said it shipped 2 weeks ago
Can't get ahold of him?????

I waited 3 months for my shrockworks front bumper
but it just makes a person nervous when they can not get a hold of them.
Glad to hear he is a upstanding type of guy but if it did not ship 2 weeks ago he should have the curtisy to tell people so we can understand
I am glad I found this thread
Sounds like his business is growing fast. Hope he does not loose orders. just needs better customer service.
How did you get his Phone # and or his E-mail address? through Pay Pal.

Originally Posted by km2jk
I am one of a few people on here awaiting bumpers from Mitch who have not heard a word from him for almost 2 weeks. I am out over $700 dollars for a bumper I was told shipped 2 weeks ago. Can someone get some answers for us? All I want is a bumper or my money back. I know everyone says he is a great guy and so on, but a call or email would be nice. Its not very reassuring that his website disappears and then the thread for his company goes away too. Some help would be very appreciated.

Last edited by Hugeamerican; 01-29-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had to go back and look at some pics. of front and rear bumpers that Bulldog has made.
I am still looking forward to getting mine, I am a Millwright here in Michigan and do a lot of welding, his welds and Fab skills look fine in the pictures. He has a style nobody else has.
I wish I had the guts to do what he is doihg and go into business for myself.

Maybe it will be at my doorstep today maybe not, I can wait, but when you give 700 bucks to someone with no website, no phone #, ETC and you are told it ships and you don't receive it and then they dissapear. You wonder if you just got taken.

I am sorry to hear Mr. Bulldog you have been sick and have family problems for that is what is most important in life.

I have new hope and will still look out the window till it gets here.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He sent me both his phone # and email address when we started talking about the bumper in late november. I ordered it in early december and was also told that it shipped a few weeks ago. I talked with him 2 days ago via email and he said that they would be going out by friday. I havent heard anything since, but ill post as soon as i do. I hate this whole being patient thing, but it will be worth it.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by km2jk
He sent me both his phone # and email address when we started talking about the bumper in late november. I ordered it in early december and was also told that it shipped a few weeks ago. I talked with him 2 days ago via email and he said that they would be going out by friday. I havent heard anything since, but ill post as soon as i do. I hate this whole being patient thing, but it will be worth it.

Well you probably know its been hard for him... It will all get done though..
Old 01-30-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

I'll post this here because I originally posted it in the four corners section. All of the same applies.

When someone is running a one man fabrication shop and gets the flu its kinda hard to work?? He has no helper, its just him. I know for a fact that the sponsorship thing was unintentional. That has been taken care of. As far as getting a bad wrap, for what?

People want custom stuff made, but don't expect there to be a delay? Try and order custom from somewhere else and see what happens. Or how much more they will charge you. There have been other issues with his suppliers that are really not anyones business, but when you get jacked around by them and they are the only ones in town what are you supposed to do? I tried to order something from some other dealer and there was a six week hold time for something that was not custom?

So why don't we find something else to gossip about instead of putting up posts that have no basis of fact that can damage someone's reputation. I can assure you that anyone who has bought something from Mitchell will get what they ordered. I have also been waiting for a new front bumper and told him to not work on mine until he gets caught up on his other orders. It means more to me that he gets his others done first than to not drive around Tucson with no bumper. He cannot speak to anyone on the forum because his sponsorship has been put on hold even after it has been paid. That is between WOL and him. You can see that in Eddie's post. So if any of you need to speak to him and don't have his number PM me and I will give it to you and his email address. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, he is not a scammer!

Last edited by Beenkop; 01-30-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got an email from Bulldog

Everything is OK explained the situation.

I feel I am going to get a quality rear bumper thats built right.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Moose512
Beenkop....I agree with you 100%

You probably know Mitch better than I do and from the conversations I have had with him I agree he is a stand up guy. I don't think the quality of his work or the duration of time to complete the custom work was the biggest concern.

The concern that most of these guys had was that there was a complete breakdown or absence in communication. Put yourself in some of these guys shoes, if you sent a thousand dollars or up to eighteen hundred dollars to a vendor you had never met halfway across the country and then lost all communication with them you would be concerned.

I am sure that Mitch will get all of this behind him and when his customers receive their bumpers there will be a flood of positive response. But some of these guys don't know Mitch like you do and we have all heard horror stories.

Looking forward to having Mitch back on the forums in the near future!!
I understand how they feel, I to am waiting on a bumper, the lack of communication is something that WOL and Mitchell need to agree on. He cannot access any messages or threads on this site. He also cannot post anything to anyone until his sponsorship is reinstated. That is why he has not contacted anyone. Most of the people do not have his number or e-mail addresses and vice versa.

Like I said earlier, Mitchell and Eddie should probably work that out if not already. I do not work for Mitchell so I don't pretend to know what his business is. The statements I made come from personal contact with him. I am just stating my personal point of view and trying to establish a communication link for those who do not have a way of contacting him. This is my attempt to put people at ease about spending their money and getting what they paid for. I asked Mitchell to put my order on the rear burner for the others that have bought bumpers regardless of when their orders were placed. Mine was placed on our Moab trip which was back on Thanksgiving. I asked for something custom and the parts that I asked for were something that he hasn't cut before, hence the delay at the water jet shop. The water jet shop took almost four weeks off during christmas and new year holidays. They are the only place where Mitchell can get pieces cut for his bumpers. That is the main reason for most of the delays. The other delays have been his mothers emergency hospital stay and his bought of the flu. These are by no means of an excuse, but when you are a one man operation, it is very hard to fight through without getting a little behind.

So my way of trying to put everyone at ease is to open a line of communication and to let everyone know that I have asked Mitchell to put my bumper on the back burner until he gets caught up.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
-

i don't think i am ruining anyone's reputation by asking for a status update on my order.

i have been in contact with mitchell on another forum and through email.

my last contact was on tuesday and he said he was picking up the mounting plates wednesday and he would update then. i have not heard anything since then. that is really the biggest issue i have. i am told that i will be contacted on a certain date, then i am left hanging...

i don't want this to turn into a gripe thread as the thread already was locked down and i asked for it to be unlocked only as a means of people who had orders with mitchell to keep informed as to the status of their order.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-fredd0
i don't think i am ruining anyone's reputation by asking for a status update on my order.

i have been in contact with mitchell on another forum and through email.

my last contact was on tuesday and he said he was picking up the mounting plates wednesday and he would update then. i have not heard anything since then. that is really the biggest issue i have. i am told that i will be contacted on a certain date, then i am left hanging...

i don't want this to turn into a gripe thread as the thread already was locked down and i asked for it to be unlocked only as a means of people who had orders with mitchell to keep informed as to the status of their order.

I think it a little stupid to not let communication continue so the orders can get out..

He is on a different site, but WOL might get PO'ed if I posted it here....
I'm sure beenkop knows the one.. Hay beenkop, think WOL would get PO'ed?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Beenkop
He cannot speak to anyone on the forum because his sponsorship has been put on hold even after it has been paid.
LOL!! if i've been paid, that's news to me. even though i was promised that a check would be sent out on monday by 2nd day air, i can assure you that i ain't got squat. since you know more about my bank account than i do, perhaps you could send me a copy of a cancelled check. hell, i'll even settle for a tracking number at this point and time

Quick Reply: Hello Bulldog Fab. Where are you?