Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Heater not working

Old 02-13-2020, 05:17 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by mpauls
Question from a new owner.
How does one setup the coolant system to " self -burp " itself. ? Or am I missing something and it's just the way a JK is designed?
Thanks for any help !
Not sure what you're asking here. The system just is what it is. No different really than most cars. It usually takes me a few attempts to get it burped completely. can get most of it done, but after a good drive I can usually get a little more coolant in the next morning after things have cooled off again.

I will say there are some fancy systems that help bleed a system, but they aren't technically necessary to do so.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by mpauls
Question from a new owner.
How does one setup the coolant system to " self -burp " itself. ? Or am I missing something and it's just the way a JK is designed?
Thanks for any help !
To "self burp" the 3.6l engines is simple. Run the engine up to operating temp (thermostat opening) then do a shut down and let the engine cool down, then repeat the process and adding coolant after each cool down. It's a little time consuming as you need to let the engine cool back down.

Quick Reply: Heater not working